• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gender reveal parties????

Bannedjoe

I am now convinced this world is completely off its rocker.

Gender reveal parties????

I've never heard of this until today.
This is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Supposedly, an expecting couple asks their doctor to determine the sex of their baby.
The couple is not told whether it is a boy or a girl.
The doctor is instructed to seal the results in an envelope.
The couple entrusts someone else to open it, and then proceed to have that someone create a surprise revealing the sex of the child, such as a cake with white frosting with either a blue or pink cake inside.
A party is held and the couple cuts open the cake in front of the attendees at the gender reveal party to publicly show the big surprise of what sex the child is.
Or there is another method where a baseball filled with the appropriate color powder or glitter is pitched to one of the parents who hits the ball causing it to explode revealing the color inside.

Woohoooo!

But if that's not stupid enough.....

Apparently, there are those who believe this practice is wrong, not because it's just plain stupid, or it's just another way to accumulate presents, but because it's wrong to call it a gender reveal party.
Just because they find out if it's a boy or girl it doesn't mean that the gender is correct.
No.
Gender is to be determined later when the boy or girl decides for themselves whether they believe they are a boy or girl, or identify as a toaster or squeegee or something.

My brain hurts.

I may have to disassociate myself from the internet.

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
WOW! It's really turning into a circus!

I wonder if I can go into a lesbian bar and identify as a woman?! Do y'all think I can pick up a woman that way. <GRIN>

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's the thing these days.
I know of two young gals who had these parties.
One has a husband who works for the fire department.
The water shooting forth from the fire truck was coloured blue, it's a boy!
The other presented family members with pink t-shirts as the reveal, it's a girl!
I'm not sure the intent is to accumulate presents, that happens at baby showers too.

When I was carrying Jeff and Ty, I had no idea what their sex (gender!) was, although my doctor knew with Ty as he was breech while I was 6 months along and had to have an ultrasound to check on things. Doc refused to tell me if he saw a penis.

I'm done having Grandchildren (or so they tell me) so attending a gender reveal isn't in my future.
Having said that, my 18 year old granddaughter revealed recently that she's gay/bi and very proud of it.
This nearly killed me at first, but I love her just the same.

Guess there are worse things going on in the world today, right?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's a harmless excuse for a party to celebrate the upcoming birth of a baby.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't say it's harmless because one lady was killed attending one!!
Mike

Well there are exceptions to every rule.

People die each year at 4th of July Parties too.

But those are also generally harmless parties.

The birth of our nation is just as good a reason to hold a party as is the birth of a treasured baby. I say party on!

Bannedjoe

The birth of our nation is just as good a reason to hold a party as is the birth of a treasured baby. I say party on!

Indeed.
But the part that struck me was the folks saying these should be called sex reveal parties because the true "Gender" of the baby is unknown.:th_lmao:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter

I think the problem is some people's creativity escapes reason and logic.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I reads the title, I feared the subject was about transgender coming out parties. I envisioned some really bad logic and subsequent vulgar vocabulary.:shitHitFan:

This??? This is benign.

Mr. Bill

I blame this kind of thing on Pintrist. Oddly, I haven't heard of these gender parties until I was invited to one. I know the family so I know it will be fun times. I'm plan on going.

I wonder what a person is supposed to bring. Is the gender party the replacement for the baby shower ? I never go to baby showers. Now that I think about it the gender party is a ruse to make the men attend, lol. Crap, they got me again.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I blame this kind of thing on Pintrist. Oddly, I haven't heard of these gender parties until I was invited to one. I know the family so I know it will be fun times. I'm plan on going.

I wonder what a person is supposed to bring. Is the gender party the replacement for the baby shower ? I never go to baby showers. Now that I think about it the gender party is a ruse to make the men attend, lol. Crap, they got me again.

LMAO

I never thought of it in that light. Brilliante'
Yes, they got us again.

welcome back:thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that it is just another excuse to get more pressies since you can hold a gender reveal party and a baby shower later on.

Not that I'm against it. Any excuse for a party is a good thing. I'm working on my "Assisted Living Reveal Party" where I can announce which assisted living facility that I'm going to be checking in to. That way my friends, the ones that are left, know where to come visit and bring cookies and stuff. :clap: