• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bear attacks wiener dog, Woman attacks bear, bear runs away!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently wiener dogs are tasty treats! And apparently those Alaskan women are mean :hammer:

Full Story => http://bostonherald.com/news/offbea...ves_small_dog_fudge_by_punching_bear_in_face/
JUNEAU, Alaska — Black bears in residential neighborhoods aren’t exactly unheard of in Juneau. While many people stay inside when bears are about, one local woman says she had a different instinct when she saw her dog was in trouble.

It started out as a typical evening for 22-year-old Brooke Collins. She let her dogs out as usual but this time, she said there was a black bear outside who took hold of her dachshund Fudge. She said she feared for her pet’s life and, in an instant, ran over and punched the bear right in the face to make it let go.

"It was all so fast. All I could think about was my dog was going to die," said Collins.

"It was a stupid thing but I couldn’t help it," she said. "I know you’re not supposed to do that but I didn’t want my dog to be killed."

Collins said she didn’t see the bear outside when she let the dogs out around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. She said Fudge just darted out and the barking could be heard almost instantly. She said that barking was "the most horrible sound in the world."

Collins said when she looked outside she saw a bear was crouching down with Fudge in its paws and was biting the back of the dog’s neck.

"That bear was carrying her like a salmon," she said.

She said she almost instinctively went up and did the first thing she thought of. She punched the bear’s face and scooped away her dog when it let go.
. . .
Click the link above for the rest of the story and to hear about her other doggy.​

Lia

Banned
I can't help thinking tho, that if she and her BF are so familiar with Bears hanging around their yard, she'd keep a better eye on her Dogs. After all, both of her Dogs are small breeds; wouldn't stand a chance with a full grown Bear. :ermm:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
When I was a kid, my Mom thought the black dog from up the road was digging in our knocked over burn barrel, she went out with boots on and kicked the black Butt sticking out and started yelling at it... Turned out is was a black bear, a very supprised one too. It took off in shear terror. My mom looked stunned as well!