• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another Snow Trac for sale in Alaska

Attachments

• 3n63kb3l45T05P15Rca3f214c7caad537152a.jpg
    3n63kb3l45T05P15Rca3f214c7caad537152a.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 3nc3kf3p85Ta5P35R7a3fabf434b93c411d3c.jpg
    3nc3kf3p85Ta5P35R7a3fabf434b93c411d3c.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 3o03pa3lc5Ta5P95R9a3fa67fa8dec2fe1177.jpg
    3o03pa3lc5Ta5P95R9a3fa67fa8dec2fe1177.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,034

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The handy man hi lift jack makes me wonder if the tracks stay on this rig well. I am in the market for a Snow Trac. Is this standard operating procedure to carry the things you need to put a track back on? And is it easily done in the bush? Do you really need a winch? Or is it to pull OTHER people out? Any idea what it would cost to ship it to Seattle? I know lots of questions.....

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
when ever i.m out in the summer with the jeep or any other vehicle i cant lift up i always carry a handy man you never know when one of them tussocks are larger than you thaught when you are high cenetered a handy man can be your best friend as for the winch neet toy but i have never had my snow trac stuck and if i did where i live i have nothig to tie off to.imho its just extra weight on a snow trac

bill w

we always carry a high lift jack,and a good small anchor for the winch...no trees??just lock the anchor behind a tussuck and use it to pull yourself out..as for transport of the snowcat,we have a local swap and sell on an am radio station and a guy has been advertising he is headed south with an empty enclosed trailer.could be a real cheap move south..pm me if you need his number...Bill w

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
anchors won't work around here because the web of vegitation is weaved so strong that anchors just float and a foot or 2 under you hit ice what i use is a old broken axle sharpeneed on one end and has a ring at the other drve it into the permafrst at an angle once the jeep is extracted than i pull it out from the other side.

AKdadio

The winch appears to be missing....hmmm. I wonder if that is a mounting bracket for a winch:) Highlift jacks are handy and don't add much weight. A spare bogie wheel, track splice material with new bolts, spare spark plugs....these are also nice to have. Unless you only drive around in your yard.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
some pics show it there and some show it missingmy guess is he found it better served its purpos on a jeep also i don't think there is enough steel in the front of a snow trac to support a 8000 pound pull

AKdadio

DDS, agree with your assessment of the front end. That rig has a reinforced steel skid plate welded to the tube-steel bumper to accommodate a winch..... It could all be removed to reduce weight. Some guy might appreciated the effort and put a winch back on just so he can be asked..."hey, why do you have a winch on a snow cat?".

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
if a guy wanted a security blanket i would suggest a small 4 to 6 k on a recievermount should you get high centered on a tussock (i just cant get over using that name for them) otherwise i don't see much use for a winch on a cat again a small one could be handy when trying to dress a moose your self other wise just extra weight.