• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Digital Camera

daedong

I need a new camera I only want a general utility unit. How many Mega Pixel do I need, does it matter for a few snap shots?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For me megapixel equates the more megapixels the bigger picture you can print. A 3 megapixel will print a pretty good quality 8 X 11. Since I don't have anything to print bigger with, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade to a higher megapixel camera, although I've been told a 5 mp Camera could print a better copy of a 8 x 11 print.

Edit to add: For putting pics on the web you could easily get by with 1 megapixel, if they still sell them that low. :)

I've had two digital cameras. One had a rechargable battery, my current one uses 2 AA batteries. I prefer the AA's since they are readily available everywhere.