• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1975 spryte

i have 1975 spryte with a 200 six but it needs to rebuit...so i have a question i have a 1975 ford pick-up that has a 300 six in it with a 3 speed manual with overdrive...would i have any problems swaping the 200 with the 300 six?? and if im doing that should i get rid of the manual and go with a c-4 or c-6...and with the autos would i lose or gain any speed?

thanks for the info

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i have 1975 spryte with a 200 six but it needs to rebuit...so i have a question i have a 1975 ford pick-up that has a 300 six in it with a 3 speed manual with overdrive...would i have any problems swaping the 200 with the 300 six?? and if im doing that should i get rid of the manual and go with a c-4 or c-6...and with the autos would i lose or gain any speed?

thanks for the info

The 300 six will fit in, and go with the auto you will love it. you will have to modify the driveline.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Won't the 300 be longer resulting in moving the radiator forward?

yes, or the engine back, some other things will need a tranny cooler , electrical needs to reworked. driveline,shift assembly with cable,possible fan shroud change, and a drivline brake if you do not have one. in fact that is the bigger downer of the automatic is they do coast more and you will use your brakes more to slow and stop.

mkntrakes

i have done this before and seems straight forward but it is a lot of work with lots of problems engine can't be moved back because oil pan won't clear cross member engine compartment has to be modified,new moter mounts have to be welded in ,radiator has to be twice as big(and machine will still over heat) and on and on best thing i have found is replace trans with outomatic and add transfor case then mount disk drive line brake to drive line hope this helps