• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS - 1961 Snowtrac (182)

offgridder

I've decided to put my commuter Snowtrac up for sale. 1961, decent condition, tracks in good shape.

This is a regularly used Snowtrac. It isn't perfect, but it is dependable (well, as dependable as a nearly 60 year old snowcat can be).

I'm located in the Snoqualmie Pass area of Washington State.

I'll upload more images over the weekend.

Open to offers.

Attachments

• 17818086_1818326875157391_3573868907208900608_n.jpg
    17818086_1818326875157391_3573868907208900608_n.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 945

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: 1961 Snowtrac (182)

Welcome to the ForumsForums. We are happy to allow you to advertise your SnowTrac here, free of charge. Here are the rules for this forum. As you are new here and this is your first post, please read these rules and amend your post. We are often lax with our regular members but we must ask that new members follow our forum rules.

Simple rules for using our Classifieds, these are intended for NON-COMMERCIAL sales between our members.

1. Prefix your ad with:
  • WTS: (Want To Sell) -> requires an asking price (do not place "best offer" ads on our Forums)
  • WTB: (Want To Buy)
  • WTT: (Want To Trade)
  • Free:
2. All ads require your location. You don't have to give your physical address, but should provide a reasonable location like your State, County and Zip Code. Due to transportation costs of some items, something for sale on the East coast may not be of value to someone on the West coast, or someone in one part of Europe may not want to pay freight from Alaska but might be willing to pay freight from Nova Scotia.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may 'bump' it 1x per day to keep it active. Unless you are answering specific questions do not bump your ad under the 24 hour period

4. We strongly suggests you post pictures in your ads. Do not have members "email you for pictures" If you have the pictures you must post them or simply state you have no pictures. This makes the ads easier for those who are viewing them.

5. Post your ad in the appropriate forum. You may link to auctions. You may link to ads placed on other sites. BUT if you choose to use this free service to our members you should have the complete advertisement on this forum in addition to any other place you list your item for sale.
5a. Be Civil with replies. People who reply to advertisements should keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "You're price is crazy high. What a POS, etc."​

6. Close your thread once your item sells. Simply post to the end of the thread that the item has sold.​

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I asked lyndon about it . That's one of the 5 from Northwest Tell that came from Whitehorse YT.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

As much as I do not want to do it, I will be deleting this thread in the next day or two if the original post is not edited to comply with our forum rules on free ads.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

It is a nice picture and nice looking cat. Hopefully offgridder can get back to the grid and throw a price tag on there. Hopefully it goes to a good home!

offgridder

Sorry about the 'best offer'. I'm not really sure how to price this thing, so let's start at $9600?

While this Snowtrac may not be beautiful, it has been well maintained mechanically. Engine is strong, clutch replaced before last season. Left drive axle replaced this past winter.

IMG_20180728_171545.jpg

IMG_20180728_171557.jpg

IMG_20180728_171608.jpg

IMG_20180728_171634.jpg

IMG_20180728_171621.jpg]

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll go pick it up for you. my barn has an empty spot in it right now.
you do know the parts are interchangeable?

and with help like that.............and what would be left of it?

midnight snow cat supply

five grouser discount

free is a very good price

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, When I look at photo five in post seven (pic of the "grousers") they look really worn to me, and as such, would seriously decrease the value of the machine, to me anyway... but I'm not a Snow Trac guy.

It's not uncommon to see worn grousers on rubber belted Tuckers, but even worn they're still probably 1 1/2" tall. These look like they're almost flat in the middle, and serve more to hold the wheel guides in alignment and the belts together than as any type of traction aid.

Could you (or another Snow Trac owner/aficionado) comment on the grouser condition and compare them to what new ones look like?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, When I look at photo five in post seven (pic of the "grousers") they look really worn to me, and as such, would seriously decrease the value of the machine, to me anyway... but I'm not a Snow Trac guy.

It's not uncommon to see worn grousers on rubber belted Tuckers, but even worn they're still probably 1 1/2" tall. These look like they're almost flat in the middle, and serve more to hold the wheel guides in alignment and the belts together than as any type of traction aid.

Could you (or another Snow Trac owner/aficionado) comment on the grouser condition and compare them to what new ones look like?
grousers look ok. they are ok to be flat in the center. they can easily be reinforced or welded. snow trac grousers are made higher and almost flat in the center so when on a hard surface it is easy to steer. kind of like an over inflated tire.
I notice it came with a porche tacometer like mine and no speedo. mine had the 1200 cc 40hp and run fine but when upgraded to the 1600 you can start in 3rd gear. looking at the extra hood scoop it must have the 1600. they some cooling issues with the upgrade that are easily solved.
I wished it showed what is on the right fender.