• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB alluminum front 5th wheel plate for 74 Tucker

Archmage

I need a new front fifth wheel plate for my 74 tucker 1544. I would like to stick to the original cast alluminum plate if I can get one still. Otherwise I will build one out of steel. Let me know if you have any thing that can help out!!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't picked them up yet to see what condition they are in but I will keep you posted. From my experience the used ones tend to have some wear that need addressing.

What's the situation with your current turn table?

Archmage

The rear leaf spring tab on the passenger side broke. Sorry I do not have any pictures at the moment. But might later today. I am going to try and a welding shop take care of it. They specialize in aluminium but we all know how that goes...

I am pretty sure that the bump stop from the track assembly came up to quickly and broke the tab. We hit a real soft spot of snow coming down a mountain.

I notice the bump stops on my 1642 are withing 4-5 inches of hitting the fifth wheel. Whereas my 1544 has almost 16 inches of travel before the bump stops hit. Either I am going to move the bump stops, install limiter straps or do something to make sure this doesn't happen again. There is no reason to have that much travel allowing the tracks to tip forward or back.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A good aluminum tig welder will be able to repair it. My other cat had some welds on the rear table that held just fine.

My 73 1443 had a the rear leaf spring mount break in life on the front table. Has been welded since the 70's and hasn't failed yet.

v it out all you can----pre heat /weld it/cover it and let it cool slow----in the summer I even close the shop doors so the breeze cant blow through