• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted: Snow Trac

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It might help if people had an idea of where you are located. Alaska? Lower 48 ... which part of the lower 48? Canada ... which provence? England/Scotland/Wales? Other?

Sometimes transport is as much of a problem as finding a suitable machine.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the one I emailed you about the owner will fly it to anchorage and could likely get it as far as seattle for you I would look at you ship to get it from anchorage to your location I'm guessing that a cross country trip would put it out of your price range. there is a reason I don't get too exited about thiokols on the east coast even though there seems to be some good deals.

Humvee889

Thanks Don for your help. But i think anything from Alaska would be difficult to visit and ship. Thanks again. Brian

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Don for your help. But i think anything from Alaska would be difficult to visit and ship. Thanks again. Brian
To be honest, I think quite a few of these are bought/sold without ever being inspected. Typically just viewing a few photos.

Ha, that would be pretty easy! I brought one over from England in a shipping container.

I know of one for sale right now, its located in Wales, UK. There is another member who is talking to the owner, but has not yet committed to buying it. I've personally inspected that unit a couple times.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I could do inspections for you and also take pics of what you need. the machine belongs to a friend you may also see it on bering sea gold under the ice as it belongs to one of the tv stars. I will not misrepresent the machine in my opinion it's a real nice start to a project it is ready to run but far from cherry. as for shipping to seattle I can arrange logistics for that to back haul out of here is cheap it's stuff coming out to hear that you get bent over the barrel.

Humvee889

Thanks Don. That was very cool for the offer. I am looking for something a little closer. If it does not pan out i will contact you. Brian

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Humvee889,

Keep looking. It may take a while, but with cash ready and can travel you will find one. I looked for a year for mine. I don't consider this too long, for a good one.

Regards, Kirk