• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kirk, get the snow trac out!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you can park the plow for a few days and enjoy some late snow heading your way. Winter don't want to go quietly this year. Some areas can expect May blizzard conditions.:w00t2: We are supposed to have sunny warm weather for the next 5 days after the morning sprinkles end today.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Early spring? Hardly...

Spent the last couple of days in tractors doing some tillage. Planter is still in the shop, waiting for warmer weather.. The Snow Trac is easy to get out of hiding if I need it though...South Dakota is really taking it once again. Wonder if the calf crop is making it with all the snow. Beef prices may go higher if death losses are high. The moister is welcome, but snow this late is not so much...

We've had 6" of rain in April, and that is a very good start on correcting the drought, if it continues.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we are likely to have a drought this summer not much snow this winter and not much for spring either the only problem I see now is a slow break up. it's still below freezing most of the time

Leni

It's been beautiful here for the last coouple of days. By Friday it is supposed to be in the 100's. Way too hot for me.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
In the 80s here...love it!!!!the old joints feel a lot better when it is hot...hell I even like mowing grass when it is hot!!!:yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it's a day early for my Birthday, but we have 4" of snow this AM....In May... I cann't remember a year when snow came this late in the spring.

Wild weather for sure...Wind and snow have tree branches scattered about the yard too.

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thankfully the storm they were calling for today didn't entirely materialize. Instead of the 20 cm of snow they were calling for, we only got 5cm.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was in the mid 80's yesterday. Spent most of the day working on the sprinkler system. I had a couple of heads to replace and one line that needed to be dug up, cut out split pipe and repair. Even got time to mow the back 40.

Stepped outside this morning to go mow the yard and it was 40 degrees. Damn. Went back inside. I thought that it might warm up enough by this afternoon to start the mowing but the wind got up and the rain started so I cancelled today!!!

It's not supposed to be much better tomorrow. We're setting record lows for the month of May. If it gets much worse some people will be planting their garden for the third time this year. This is crazy.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy birthday Kirk no snow coming right now but it's a high of 11 degrees. Al gore you can stuff global warming you know where it ain't happening here. this is the coldest spring we have had since I have lived here

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing.

Months ago, I was having a discussion with a friend about his plan to erect a small wind generator at his house. I was trying to tell him that in East Texas, according to all the charts that I'd seen, the wind didn't blow strong enough or steady enough for wind power generation to be effective. Besides, there are too many trees.

It seems that he was closer to being right than I was. The wind hasn't stopped blowing in months. I've got weeds all over my 4 acre yard, the pasture weeds are starting to grow and I can't get sprayed because of the darned wind. I couldn't get the pre-emergent out because of the wind and now the weeds are getting really well established because I can't spray the selective herbicide. Spot spraying isn't doing a darned thing.

My yard is going to look like crap this year. Why not? It looks like crap now!

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
As to post#1 we just got a little over an inch of snow this morning two days ago it was 80 yesterday 60 and this morning its 30 and snow........Where the hell is that global warming??????
it is the 3rd of MAY!!!!!!
The old book says....right will be wrong and wrong will be right......maby it ment ...hot will be cold and cold will be hot!!!!!!! Although a couple of the girls tell me that if I dont stighten up my only choice will be HOT!!!!!:brows:

Leni

It's going up to around 96 today but at least the winds have stopped blowing. That will help the firefighters. I can see the plume of smoke from the fire up in Ventura County. It's a big one. We've already turned the air on.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
68 with a light breeze and beautiful sunny day. Going to continue like this till next Thursday.:wow::wow:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
still 11 degrees out and north wind wished I could stuff Al Gores global warming theory up his back side for him i'm tired of spending so much money on heating oil and electricity.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This is Texas calling!!!!

It was 38 this morning and the wind was blowing at 20 mph gusting to 45 mph.

I had plenty of running around to do this morning so I waited until afternoon before starting to work outside. I couldn't put it off any longer, so I started mowing the yard with my winter jacket and insulated hat on. By late afternoon it was a pleasant 50 degrees if you found someplace in the sun and out of the wind.

I know, I know. I'm a woosie.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I mowed for the second time last weekend......it was about ready to mow again this weekend!!was planing to trim today......but it is muddy and snow on the ground......think Il let it go!! making sugar water for the humming birds right now....this is weard!!!! sure is unhandy for al gore and his global warming!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Snow storm yesterday. Today...freezing rain warning for the whole northern part of the province. This just sucks!

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Ya live in canada.....your suposed to be cold!!!!!!!!!:yum: but just a few miles south of ya ..we ott to be having a good warm spring!!!!!!!....With snow????????what the hell it should be sun shine!!!!!:yum: oh well at least it aint borring!!!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
58 and another great day!:clap:Getting dry as a fart and the dust is flying on the dirt roads. No rain till Wednesday night for us.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rain and mud here as it is raining on what is left of the snow. Good day for some thing inside for sure.

Should have gotten the ST4 out Thursday morning and cruised around, but I thought the neighbors would think I am getting crazy with time.....

Regards, Kirk