• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got a busy afternoon and a meeting tonight, so I made my dinner at 0600 and put it in the fridge. Just heat it up and go.

Cabbage & noodles with smoked Slovenian sausage.

Attachments

• Cabbage and Noodles.jpg
    Cabbage and Noodles.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 110

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Caribbean jerk chicken, macaroni salad & baked beans. Never made the chicken before, and it came out very good. I "embellished" it with a pineapple sauce which really complimented the chicken.

Attachments

• Dinner 090515.jpg
    Dinner 090515.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 100

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Prime rib at 209 Main in Paton Ia. with all the fix'ins.:biggrin:

They have a "frost rail" set flush into the top of the bar to keep your beverage cold. The only one I have seen. And it works! :biggrin:

Yummmmmm!!!!

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is making some BBQ ribs. They have been soaking up the 'dry rub' for the past 24 hours. Today they slow cook for hours on the grill. Tonight we feast!

Umberto

They have a "frost rail" set flush into the top of the bar to keep your beverage cold. The only one I have seen. And it works! :biggrin:

Yummmmmm!!!!

Regards, Kirk

Bearfoot Bistro in Whistler has a crushed ice bar with places that hold a champagne glass. There is also a walk in sub zero freezer for vodka tasting - I did it once and it was enough.

I'll make a note on 209 Main for the next pheasant road trip to Iowa. Thanks.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

Yummmmmm!!!!

Regards, Kirk

Now that's an idea for the kitchen! I'll have to discover this. Do you think they made it themselves or did it look factory?

Umberto

Last night was my son's (the chef) take on Pasta Fagioli with beef shank, lamb shank and Italian sausage. The veg was all fresh and nothing from a can or frozen.

I'm not sure what's on the menu tonight but I know I'll be having something with lobster.

IMG_6647.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_6649.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
last time i made myself dinner was a 2-cheese sammich/fixins; welch's bars, & milk, w/ sides as my dinner. tonite is rinder rouladen whether blake likes that one or not.

so, it's rinder rouladen & spatzle tonite, w/ gravy. if he gripes once i begin to make dinner, (he won't ingest pickles, says he) 'starve, then', says i....... 'or get yourself a lovely dinner of fast food.' wink.

Attachments

• dinin91515.jpg
    dinin91515.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 72
  • dessert15.jpg
    dessert15.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 70
  • dessert2.jpg
    dessert2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
when you drink too much, here is dinner. (not counting that can of pasta via your fridge w/ a half-open lid, or that coleslaw that you could not find a sell-by date on, as you tore its label in half on another night----

think i got a 1/4 of that food in.

Attachments

• soberpplsuck1.jpg
    soberpplsuck1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my nurse takes me to lunch or dinner when she can, so we finally chose a food-truck that sells tacos in oakland. thank God most of those newbie students have gotten into their dorms & won't be casually strolling by w/ a (bleeping) couch while we wait so that we can get food. i'll look to see if i can't find a menu before we venture on over there, so that we can order kinda quickly.

btw, i'm gettin' pork w/ slaw.

Attachments

• ostrich1.jpg
    ostrich1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 8574064320_d30c543a11.jpg
    8574064320_d30c543a11.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i somehow put 2 ostrich pix in 1 post. also, i'll get my said pork one-- my PC is being its stubborn self, as per usual.

here is a pork/slaw 1--

Attachments

• porkslaw.jpg
    porkslaw.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 53

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we went to a local place that has taken to pavement while they repair their food vehicle. got my pics taken & a quick interview w/ a guy via NYT.
got a beef-tongue taco; the others split tacos.

we took a few to browse shoppes, thereafter, & then i made myself a lite dinner of pasta & deli items.

Attachments

• lunchthentatts.jpg
    lunchthentatts.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 45

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night was pulled pork with sauce and pickle on a bun at the festival- and a generous side of sweet potato fries with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Messy and delicious.
biggrin.gif

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
went w/ a vegetarian dinner, as i forgot to thaw a meat/etcetera. i made potato w/ havarti & bleu cheeses, butter & garlic, & black pepper. a hunk of crusty Italian bread, a few slices of an heirloom tomato & bleu cheese yogurt dressing; & whole milk to drink.
dessert was a honeycrisp apple, & not in my pic was citrus-apple cider.

later, i got into a few marcona almonds, half a bosc pear, p.b., & 'lil goldfish crackers, & a pop. haven't got a pic of that.

Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Ribs, homemade slaw and taters fried in bacon drippings with onions & red pepper.

Attachments

• Dinner 092015.jpg
    Dinner 092015.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 124

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought you were a vegetarian? That must only apply to meat as I see you can decimate the world's seafood population singlehandedly. I'm going into hiding now before the bombs start flying. :hide::hide::hide:
. :neutral:
:brows:
A vegetarian varies- lacto-ovo, ovo, lacto, vegan, etcetera. It continues on. So, many ppl have eggs & drink milk, whereas others avoid items not born of a plant that'll continue on once its fruit is of a harvest.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did have the shrimp linguini alfredo, but should have ordered a half/lunch size instead of a full dinner.
By the time I eat 4 cheddar bay biscuits and a salad, then gulp some iced tea, there is little room left for the main event lol
Got lots left for my work dinner tomorrow.
:biggrin:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
That's good stuff!

I'll be enjoying Red Lobster later. :smile:
Shrimp linguini alfredo.

Yes, it was good, however, if I make it again I will not use as much rice as called for as it absorbed all the liquid.

I think if I put a can of tomato soup with it tomorrow it will be OK

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying a new recipe, Unstuffed Cabbage Soup, if it comes out good Ill post it.

neat. i'm making un-stuffed pepper soup.
we luv cabbage rolls in my family. may well be on my shopping list soon. i should visit my Dad. i owe him a visit, anyhow. he makes them really well. i'll cover side dishes.:flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my dinner began as a beef, cabbage & tomato soup, & i chose to put other veggies in on a whim. (2 types of summer squash/shell-on peas/cauliflower/carrot/peppers). legumes. & i made a really rich tomato-beef broth. then i put pasta in on another whim. one of my better soups. put parm-reggiano rind in, as well.
milk to drink; was too full 4 dessert.

Attachments

• dinner527.jpg
    dinner527.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited: