• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pet Camper

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I saw something similar to this online selling for $800! My parents have a camper and belong to a camping club and take their dog camping with them so I decided to try my hand at building them one for Christmas. I think it turned out good. I know what I would do differently to streamline the build next go around. I've gotten lots of positive feedback about it and I'm thinking about building a few for a couple of craft shows this year. Each one has about $75 in material in the build. I'm not worried about my time because if I wasn't doing this I'd probably be watching TV. Anyone have an idea on a price?

Attachments

• 20141225_110603.jpg
    20141225_110603.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20150121_160659.jpg
    20150121_160659.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 20150121_160756.jpg
    20150121_160756.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 143

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
$150.00 would be a fair price. I've seen people go all out for dog houses, but not campers, I think they would go big at flea markets or even camper shows.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That thing is cuter than all get out. Knowing how people feel about their dogs I can see it selling very well if you pick the right price point and don't ask me what that is. :ermm:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I just checked the Dr. Foster and Smith website. They do not have anything quite like that but they have several strollers for dogs; some are around $200.They also have a bicycle trailer at around 220 dollars.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Let the market demand set the price. Build a few first and see if you really want to do this. Then start selling them and see what you can get away with. Look at the demographics of the people that are buying them and see if you can go higher.

Of course, if you go too high someone will just undercut you. ;)

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
A co-worker of mine and his wife have a booth at the Nashville Flea Market where they sell these gourmet dog treats. He asked me if I would make a couple for him to take up there to show. I'm about to try to knock out a few. I'm going to reduce the height of the next one so that it doesn't look so out of proportion. I also plan on building some for much smaller dogs like Yorkies. It's fun and it if makes me a few bucks to spend on the kids, guns or Jeep add ons, that is a plus.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I've seen the ones that go for about $800 bucks and they aren't much more than what you have now, so I think a $150 to $200 range is a good price. I've also seen some go for as much as $1500, but those are made to look like Air Stream trailers, and those are for the smaller dogs, YIKES. A real dog lover would pay the price I think, I know I would, Good Luck!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Brents have you thought about going larger and selling them as a child's playhouse?? if you do all you would need to add is a seating bench either end and a small table in the middle,and the smaller ones you could also market for cats,the cat version could have a door on it that opens for cleaning purposes but with a cat flap on the door.

all in all you are on to something for sure.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Their cat likes it too, but most of the time he is on top of it like he is at a NASCAR race. Galvi I like the idea of a disguise for the litter box.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 105