• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Never saw this one yet

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doomsday grocery getter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 360

nikos

Hey Guys
The Reliant Robin was a small three-wheeled car formerly manufactured by the Reliant Motor Company in Tamworth, England, but too many of them were prodused in my country, in Greece.

MEBEA Reliant Robin three-wheeler automobile was an important Greek vehicle manufacturer, producer of light trucks.

The vehicle was produced under license in Greece by MEBEA between 1974- 1978, and it was manufactured in India by Sunrise Automotive Industries Limited as the Badal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Robin

Attachments

• Mebea_Robin_ad.jpg
    Mebea_Robin_ad.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 323

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One has been for sale for a few years. Lime green in Woodstock/Lincoln NH town line.

You could improve on that design by adding a ski on this one.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I remember the Reliant Robin so well from growing up in the UK. Our next door neighbor had one and he spent a lot of his time doing exactly what was shown in the video. He never did grasp the idea that it was a enclosed, 3-wheel motorcycle that you couldn't lean in to corners. It was the most dangerous frikkin' thing that I've ever seen.

Reliant did make a pretty nifty sports car though.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think there were a few 3 wheelers built in the UK after WW II. It was an attempt to get around high auto taxes as an auto was classified as having 4 wheels.

Morgan built a trike. You don't see all that many of those either.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
In a misguided effort to comply with a "green" mandate, our Department bought a "ZAP Truck" which was a 3 wheel electric micro truck. The only thing that kept it upright was the lead battery had a low center of gravity. Even with that, if you took a corner hard... No the door did not function as a self righting feature.

It died a death caused by poor design, lack of support, and an unwillingness to trust ones life to it as an operator.

We kept leaving the key in it, but it never got stolen. Even after I put a bright orange sign saying ' key in vehicle. '