• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Minus 26 tonight

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe Big ALS place in Panama would be warmer tonight. Sippin rum and cokes on the patio. :flowers:

One thing for sure the wood ticks and Mosquitos are gone for now

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Little brain fart on my part.... checked the weather last night before bed. weather channel put -7 local northern WI weather predicted -2. loaded up the imp parked the 7.3L diesel van like an idiot and said "IT"LL START."

Woke up to -20 What the!!!...... Extension cord too short to reach...... no ether. no jumper cables, Wifes birthday and she wants to be home early.....

Lit a fire.
applied two gas lanterns.( one to each battery )
let the exhaust from the imp blow under the front bumper
Wished I had some baileys for the coffee.

It lit up after about a hour of this application......

The van has the arctic package but the 15-40 was the problem.....

Chalk that up as character building 101.

Oh and it was 35 on saturday.

Screw the mosquitos I bet they and the neighbor are still laughing.....

Cletis

Sure you already know this Redsqwrl. Ford recommends we run the 10/30 diesel oil in Wy winter.

Does make a difference.

Cletis

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
During our cold snap in December, which for us was a record -12 F. I had to tent the JD and put a two burner propane heater under it for an hour just to get it spin fast enough to light up. I thought I moved to where this wasn't needed.

I guess I would get used to the cold again , but don't wanna try. I was at a military exercise that got so cold they had to start some of the aircraft in the hangars. That was right before the cancelled it.

Take care, have fun

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure you already know this Redsqwrl. Ford recommends we run the 10/30 diesel oil in Wy winter.

Does make a difference.

Cletis

Roger that.

Agreed,

Like I said I just got caught out by listening to the weather guy. I created my mess.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
in Delta Junction I have seen it so cold oil leaks on 855 cummins engines look like syrup dripping from the seams. it never hits the ground. towing trucks required pulling all 6 axle shafts as the frozen 75w90 wouldn't allow the wheels to spin on the ice.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kind of a funny thing happened last week.

My brother is building a new house here in East Central WI.

He is getting quite a bit of fill hauled in to finish the grade of the yard.
Many of the loads from a local excavation job had frozen dirt, Ice in the loads.

Last winter was a cold one.

jask

Low 90s here in Kamloops and over 100 last week :) but we also get to enjoy -40 as well up until 2 weeks ago there was still a little snow on some of the high peaks nearby.