• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2010 Tucker In-Action Video

mattfidaho

I had a couple outings like that last year... but it was durring the day.. not sure what is better. lol night or day... at night you can see how far down that side hill goes, but during the day I get more pucker factor LOL

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool video!!! Only ever been through that much fresh unpacked snow once or twice. We start packing the trails at around 2 ft of fresh stuff.

I remember that day very well. I headed out with another operator to pick up the lamtrac and drag and run it back to town on a 16 hr run. The machine and drag had been floated out some 140 miles to access a remote location and aid in the removal of a snowmobile bridge. The trail back to the nearest the nearest town had not been opened yet that season. We were running through 3-4 ft of unpacked snow through the hills pulling a 10 ft drag. The drag was raised all the way as well as the front blade. Snow was up over the tracks. When we picked up the machine, it was left running all night. We should have brought a few cans of fuel with us to add to the tank. We made it back to about five miles out of the nearest town 40 miles away before pulling a Skurka. Thank god for sat phones. Made a call and waited 2 hrs for fuel to be brought out by snowmobile. We would have made it all the way but we got spun out on a hill and took 2 hrs of messing around to make it up. It was slow going with the drag in tow. Don't care to ever do that again. At least not with a drag on behind. Just the machine....that's a different story.

Just a side note to that ordeal. The other operator that was with me was one great guy. A truely devoted volunteer. He was a member of a neighbouring snowclub and was involved in all aspects of running the club. He was a great guy. I worked with him a few times on snowmobile trail projects. A few years ago, he was out snowmobiling with a buddy scouting out a new trail. They were going a bit fast breaking trail with their snowmobiles. He was running ahead going fairly quickly when he hit a dip in the trail. He was thrown from his sled and was struck by his buddies sled. He was killed almost instantly. He was a great loss. RIP Jimmy!!!

Sylvain

Site Supporter
If you want more action, I found this on Youtube :
J5 Bombardier SDP VR6 VW engine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeafRJslnRk&NR=1"]YouTube- J5 Bombardier SDP VR6 VW engine[/ame]