• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

North American Union

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious, but we got NAFTA a while back. Now we are apparently going to take it a step further. Most of the European nations got together to form the European Union and took it so far as to blend their currency into the Euro. Are we headed down that path here with Canada/US/Mexico?

Not saying its good or bad, just asking for insights.
Obama, leaders of Mexico, Canada vow cooperation

By MARK S. SMITH, Associated Press Writer
41 mins ago
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090810/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_35/print

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – Targeting the sagging economy, President Barack Obama said Monday that he and the leaders of Mexico and Canada agreed to "aggressive, coordinated action" to restore growth across North America.

Noting the huge trading partnership among the three neighbors, Obama said that commerce must be expanded, not restricted.

The president also emphasized the need for orderly and legal migration, a sensitive issue on all borders.

Obama joined the leaders of Mexico and Canada in pledging a united effort on economic recovery, trade, swine flu and climate change. A statement from the leaders said their nations offered a "joint, responsible and transparent" response to the spreading swine flu threat.

They spoke at the end of a swift North American Leaders' Summit, an annual gathering launched during George W. Bush's presidency. The gathering typically yields fresh promises of coordination on many issues but no breakthroughs or initiatives.

Obama joined Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper for a news conference after about two hours of talks. The president had arrived Sunday night and was spending less than 24 hours in Mexico.​

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It won't happen under this administration. Unions are anti-NAFTA. Unions own Obama (or he owns them).

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I find it interesting that they are talking about a unified currency when there are several members of the EU who are pulling out of the currency pool over the past year.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I find it interesting that they are talking about a unified currency when there are several members of the EU who are pulling out of the currency pool over the past year.

My thoughts exactly...the EU appears to have some deep cracks starting to appear.

brazospete

I think I'll dabble in Zimbabwean currencies I hear you can get a real favorable exchange rate!! I may invest my entire fortune $6.37