• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Congress's Travel Tab Swells

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congress's Travel Tab Swells

For some reason our politicians just don't understand that money does not grow on trees. In a time when they should be cutting costs they continue to spend. It just doesn't quit.

Wall Street Journal analysis of travel records shows, involving everything from war-zone visits to trips to exotic spots such as the Galápagos Islands.

Must be nice.

The spending on overseas travel is up almost tenfold since 1995, and has nearly tripled since 2001, according to the Journal analysis of 60,000 travel records. Hundreds of lawmakers traveled overseas in 2008 at a cost of about $13 million. That's a 50% jump since Democrats took control of Congress two years ago.

I don't understand why they have to travel so much? With the internet and video conferencing today there is no need to travel. Our companies travels are down by over 75%

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Their mistresses and girl friends are all out of town ...or they like to travel.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I truly believe they all, Rep & Dem alike, have lost contact with what's really happening around them. I think they are all off in their own little zone. Anyone who can vote for a cap & trade bill their staff hasn't even had time read can't be functioning very well.
JMHO,
Mike

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I truly believe they all, Rep & Dem alike, have lost contact with what's really happening around them. I think they are all off in their own little zone. Anyone who can vote for a cap & trade bill their staff hasn't even had time read can't be functioning very well.
JMHO,
Mike

They didn't read the whole Stimulus plan. :whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Since they didn't read the Cap & Trade Bill or the Stimulus Bill before voting on it, it just shows they are superfluous. If they are just going to do what Pilosi tells them, why don't we get rid of them all and make Nancy the "Queen of Congress". Let her make all the decisions, she's doing that anyway, and we could save millions, if not billions, by getting rid of the politicians and all of their staff and hangers on. Just a thought.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
what?
and put all those lobbyists out of business, too?
think of what that would do to the unemployment numbers!