• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4th of July

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to wish all our American friends on this forum a happy July 4 holiday !
J5 Bombardier:flagcan::flagusa:

Thanks and I know that I will. Just about got the RV ready to take in to the Civic Center about 6 miles away. Going to park it next to my S-I-L and get set up and ready for the fireworks display later tonight. Come back home tomorrow.

By the way, it's going to be ribs, potato salad and baked beans for dinner tonight. :clap::clap: The Civic Center is supposed to be alcohol free but as long as you don't pile the empties outside your door nobody says anything, or they haven't so far. :w00t2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The alternative name for this holiday...

Attachments

• 10527601_10154378816465078_4785437202459364629_n.png
    10527601_10154378816465078_4785437202459364629_n.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 149

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. That was my two mutts last weekend. We had a good 20 minute long fireworks display out at camp. Drove them nuts.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a party at my friend's house for fireworks and food.

He had about 40 people over, weather was perfect, he supplied burgers, brats, etc. People brought side dishes. It was great.

And then he started up the fireworks.

35 minutes and $4000 later he was done. It was better than going to the town park. I know that because we could see the municipal fireworks in the distance, they didn't last as long and were not as good!

I'm too cheap to do that but I enjoyed the hell out of it!

Hopefully everyone else had a safe, happy, fun Independence Day celebration.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found this in the grass near my barn.
DSC00312.jpg

one of the largest displays is down wind from my place. it looks like a parachute . I am holding it by some very thin wires across the bottom.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Hoping everyone had a great 4th weekend.

We did not do any fireworks but took a long hike near our mountain home to celebrate and enjoy the 4th of July weekend. As the crow flies we covered about 5 miles but with avoiding the water hazards, down timber and other natural obstacles we probably covered about 8+ miles in 5 hours. We left at about 6 am and returned back to our mountain home at about 11 am for a late breakfast early lunch.

DSCN0283.jpg
Small creek valley

DSCN0284.jpg
Small pond that holds water all year. It is on a ridge line and almost perfectly round in shape

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg
I think we got to close to this cow elk with a calf and she tried to lead us away from where her calf was in the timber. We tried to avoid the elk as the calves are just about a month old now. When we heard or seen them we went the opposite direction but this cow jumped out right in front of us so I took a pic.

DSCN0295.jpg

Attachments

• Today's Hike.jpg
    Today's Hike.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 107

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This looks like great snow cat territory. Bet you could drive to the top of those mountains in the winter.