• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Northern Tool Supply Dozer Questions

79bombi

Site Supporter
Anyone have any experience with the Nortrac "Northern Tool Supply" Dozer? I am the President of a non-profit trail group and someone is interested in donating one to our small group. In the past we have used a Sweco tractor which costs about 4 timesas much, is narrower, and is a lot heavier. A little concerned we would rip this to part and get stuck with some big repair bills.

Thoughts?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your concern is probably justified .......... Chinese I believe!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last time I looked at them they were made by Jinma of China and are sold under a few different names here in the states. Jinma tractors have, at best, a very spotty record for reliability. Some folks swear by them, others swear at them.

My thought is if the dozer is free, and if it has a catastrophic breaks down, then you could literally not repair it and not be out any investment.

On the other hand, if the person making the donation could be talked into making a monetary donation equal to the cost of the dozer, then you might be able to raise some additional funds and buy a different brand?