• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not looking good right now for my old girl

Bamby

It's not looking good right now for my old girl. Her names Nikki and she's a Norwegian Elkhound that I can't exactly recall how old she actually is. She's been getting around slowly but seemingly pain free up till yesterday.

When I let her in from doing doggy things yesterday she was favoring a rear leg pretty bad but it was cold and she'd been laying on the doormat for a while and I attributed it to the cold. Anyway she went back to the bedroom and hasn't came out since. It's been over 24 hours and I just tried rousting her out without success this isn't like her and it ain't looking good at all. :shiner:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know that feeling when I knew Gretchen was starting to fail fast.
Hopefully Nikki is just feeling tired.
How long have you had her?
You don't know an approximate age?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m so sorry to hear about Nikki.

I hope she recovers soon. I’ve always considered dogs as part of the family.

Jim

Bamby

I know that feeling when I knew Gretchen was starting to fail fast.
Hopefully Nikki is just feeling tired.
How long have you had her?
You don't know an approximate age?

We got her when she was 18 months to 2 years old and it was at least 10 years ago but it could have been a bit longer. Here's the earliest photo of her I can find ant it's taken in 2008.

0802081251-00.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bamby, I'm sorry to hear that. But I hope she feels better soon.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Hope she comes thru OK. Our vet told us when our old dog, Lucy, was about done that this was our final act of kindness.
Mike

Bamby

Still haven't been able to coax her up and out. Afraid I'm about to loose both my girls this year...:sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow a heart felt sorry for this from me sir...

I have lost several dogs, but not a wife. This time of year, especially tough.

Best Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Our dogs can be the best friends we will ever have upon this Earth. Here's hopes and prayers she pulls out of it and gives you two a little more time together.

Bamby

To my surprise she's still with me. She isn't back to her old self but she has improved significantly. She is now going to her bowls for her food and water now but still only going outside for doggy things once a day, but at that no accidents in the house as of yet. Time will tell..

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Missed this thread. Glad to hear she's doing better.

Have you taken her to a vet? My dog is up in years was very lethargic like that so I took her to the vet. They tested her and found she had lyme disease. Gave her some meds and she popped right back to health. That was a year or 2 ago and she's doing fine.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The old dog stuff is never fun. Some of the saddest stuff to deal with. Glad she is still with you.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I missed this one too. Glad she's still holding in there.

We're going through some of the same worries with thunder. He's around 12 yrs old. He slipped on ice the other day and has been limping on 3 legs since then. Still eating and everything but in obvious pain.

Canadian eh!!!