• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump Asks The $64,000 Question: Why Didn’t Obama Do Anything About Russia?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Trump Asks The $64,000 Question: Why Didn’t Obama Do Anything About Russia?
Posted by Fuzzy Slippers Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 6:00pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/...t-obama-do-anything-about-russia/#more-254932

Obama knew about Russian “meddling” but took no action . . . until after Trump won

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. The Russia meddling with the 2016 election has been a bone of #Resistance contention since the election day “upset” that stunned everyone but those across America who saw something in Trump and believed in him.

I wasn’t one of those people; I was among the stunned. Even as I trudged reluctantly to the polls to cast my vote for Trump, I thought Hillary would win even as I fervently hoped and prayed she would not. I was unspeakably joyous when Trump won.

So when the story started to evolve from Trump actively colluding with Russia to secure his victory to “the big story” being Russian “influence” on the election via hacking, social media outlets/bots, and random crazy stories designed to gin up mostly-existing angst, I thought, wait a minute, we’ve moved from Trump being the perpetrator of a potential federal crime to . . . the Obama White House actively doing nothing about Russian “interference” in the 2016 election?

After all, how can Trump be responsible for election tampering of the type alleged if he was just another presidential candidate? He didn’t hold the reigns of power. Obama did.

And we know that Obama knew about Russian interference in our election process; it wasn’t quite as blatant as Obama’s own attempt to meddle in the Israeli election, but he had to have—as president—been made aware. Yet he did nothing.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
These Russian individuals did their work during the Obama years. Why didn’t Obama do something about it? Because he thought Crooked Hillary Clinton would win, that’s why. Had nothing to do with the Trump Administration, but Fake News doesn’t want to report the truth, as usual!
2:17 PM - Jul 14, 2018

54.6K people are talking about this

Perhaps he imagined his whispered, open mic promise of post re-election “flexibility” would soften the Russians as none of his or of his admin’s other attempts had? We can’t know, but it does seem clear that Obama didn’t see a threat from Russian meddling in the 2016 election . . . until Trump won.

After all, it wasn’t until December 2016 that Obama issued (relatively mild) sanctions against Russia for the “meddling,” and the move was clearly more about saving face than about any penalizing or even deterrent message.

So it’s not at all unreasonable for President Trump to question what his predecessor did about the Russian “meddling” that took place under Obama’s watch.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?
6:08 AM - Jul 14, 2018

69.4K people are talking about this

It’s a good question. Given that there has thus far been no “collusion” proven or seriously alleged against President Trump or his team and that the accusations seem to be shifting to some sort of Russian tampering with our elections on Trump’s behalf, it’s not unreasonable to ask what did Obama do about this going on under his nose and on his watch?

The Hill reports:

President Trump on Saturday reacted to the indictment of 12 Russian military officers “for conspiring to interfere with the 2016 presidential election” by blaming former President Obama and the “deep state.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....Where is the DNC Server, and why didn’t the FBI take possession of it? Deep State?
5:57 AM - Jul 14, 2018

34.6K people are talking about this

Considering that then-GOP presidential candidate Trump, as a private citizen, had no means of interfering in the U. S. election, shouldn’t the onus fall on the sitting president, the one who did have the means of knowing what Russia was up to, the one who after Trump won sanctioned, albeit weakly, Russia for this very offense? It was Obama, after all, who expelled 35 Russian diplomats for election tampering . . . in December 2016.

Ultimately, this all seems to be bubbling to the surface in anticipation of an upcoming U. S. Senate report that will reportedly slam Obama for his failures with regard to Russian interference in the election.

CNBC reports:

A bipartisan group of senators is expected to slam former President Barack Obama’s administration for its response to Russian election interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The Senate Intelligence Committee, which is conducting an investigation into the government’s response to Russian election meddling, has already criticized the Department of Homeland Security for its “inadequate” defense against the hacking effort.

. . . . There had been indications the panel would formally criticize the Obama administration’s response. The committee’s vice chair, Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., called the administration’s handling of Russian election interference “flat-footed” during a June 20 hearing on Russian interference in U.S. elections.

“Our collective response was inadequate to meet Russia’s escalation,” Warner said, though he noted that he believed President Donald Trump also deserved blame because of his claims as a candidate that the election had been rigged.

Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., the committee’s Republican chairman, said during the hearing that Obama officials appeared to be operating “without a playbook.”

Shifting the narrative from vague accusations of Trump campaign collusion (of which no evidence has, to date, been found) to Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election leads to only one culpable—or at the very least naively disinterested—party: Obama.

Attachments

• 49FDC531-0667-4384-B9E9-AE40E8906A62.jpeg
    49FDC531-0667-4384-B9E9-AE40E8906A62.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 39

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Imagine his surprise during the wee hours of Nov. 9 when he was told Donald won the election. The expression that simple minded bastard had must have been priceless but only Mike got to see it.

rugerman

My bet is that obama figured that the Russians would sway the election in Hilary’s favor since she and obama had given them some favorable deals in the past and Obama’s promises to continue after the election.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My bet is that obama figured that the Russians would sway the election in Hilary’s favor since she and obama had given them some favorable deals in the past and Obama’s promises to continue after the election.
:agree: That is what I thought also. Especially after Hillary gave them the uranium deal. I can't imagine Putin and Russia pulling for Trump instead of Hillary. Not Logical.

rugerman

Unless Putin figured that since Trump was a political neophyte that he could sway him in any direction like he did with obama, boy was he wrong, the new sheriff is a political newcomer, but Trump has been making deals and winning for a long time, he is much tougher than “mom pants” obama and he knows what it takes to turn a negotiation to his advantage. That’s why he was able to get his tax cuts, which has had so many positive effects on our economy, our jobs market and now our trade imbalances . I think that Putin underestimated Trumps abilities, it’s good to have a real president who is thinking about what is best for our country and us as taxpayers.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Unless Putin figured that since Trump was a political neophyte that he could sway him in any direction like he did with obama, boy was he wrong, the new sheriff is a political newcomer, but Trump has been making deals and winning for a long time, he is much tougher than “mom pants” obama and he knows what it takes to turn a negotiation to his advantage. That’s why he was able to get his tax cuts, which has had so many positive effects on our economy, our jobs market and now our trade imbalances . I think that Putin underestimated Trumps abilities, it’s good to have a real president who is thinking about what is best for our country and us as taxpayers.

I don't buy that at all. It is and was common knowledge that Trump is a loose but loaded cannon that is impossible to control. It's also common knowledge that anybody named Clinton can be bought for the price of a couple speeches.

Add to that that absolutely no one, including Trump voters, gave now President Trump a shot at a win. Why would the Russians back the obvious loser at the risk of offending the winner?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Surprise surprise, the illegitimate Kenyan usurper in chief who criminally occupied the White House didn’t do the job of protecting America. Why would he? He’s nothing more then a Kenyan communist in the mold of his old man who despise white people. He has no patriotic or lineal attachment to America.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Any honest historian will show all the BO lovers that he and the party perpetrated the greatest joke on them ever!!
Mike

rugerman

Yes the joke was on us but President Trump is working hard to reverse Obama’s screwups and make America whole again and in the process he is making inroads into our trade deficit with his tariffs, that are already showing positive effects on jobs and salaries and it’s got our trade partners worried that the imbalance will be put in their court. Trump also dropped Obama’s poorly negotiated nuclear deal which had no benefits for us vs them.