• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old goat ramblings

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I am gonna relate some changes in this country as I remember them. I was born before Pearl Harbor was bombed so my first memories are during WW II. I can remember when anyone who killed Americans was facing the full might of this country with no political correctness or judicial privileges. They were killed or they surrendered completely. Anyone in a uniform was treated with respect and was always given a ride if they were thumbing.
The government was considered our leaders and were trusted. I must have been 20 years old or there abouts before I ever heard the words Democrat or Republican. We trusted our government to lead our country and not feather their pockets at our expense. The government did not try to control our every day life.
Now days it is the opposite. Noone trusts the politicians who have proven that they are neither trustworthy or honest. I think the worst thing that we endure is professional politicians who are so far above us that they dont even have to submit to our health care system that is looming on the horizon. I am a believer in term limits.
My question is, does anyone trust any politician??? I dont and think that a cleaning of the White House and all the inhabiting vermin would benefit America. Now before the libs start thinking that I am abdocating armed rebellion, I am not. Lets beat them at the ballot box. Sorry for the long hot wind!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I absolutely agree and lets start with doing away with political parties in all forms. Let people running for office run on what they stand for with out owing anything to any party except those that actually vote for them. Though I'm not as old born in 46 I've seen the change also over the years as well.

brazospete

Let's have real campaign reform where no candidate can accept donations from ANYONE! They'll never do it so we are going to have to do it for them like they do in CA ballot initiatives! Our elections are a farce dedicated to keeping Bribe Takers in office! Surely we can do better than this!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Ross, to answer your question, NO, I trust absolutely no politician. The party in charge has proven they cannot lead or govern according to the will of the people, and the party I backed for decades has proven they are no better. They are ALL beholding ONLY to the big money that gets them in office, and we are all peasants, or in some cases when we speak up, terrorists and not to be trusted. Term limits with only donations from constituents would be the only way to regain control of the Congress. Right now we have 535 thieving, arrogant, deceptive bastards running this country.

That's about as bipartisan of a statement as I can make.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ross, to answer your question, NO, I trust absolutely no politician. The party in charge has proven they cannot lead or govern according to the will of the people, and the party I backed for decades has proven they are no better. They are ALL beholding ONLY to the big money that gets them in office, and we are all peasants, or in some cases when we speak up, terrorists and not to be trusted. Term limits with only donations from constituents would be the only way to regain control of the Congress. Right now we have 535 thieving, arrogant, deceptive bastards running this country.

That's about as bipartisan of a statement as I can make.

You need to included the real power those that bought our current system.

Cityboy

Banned
I trust absolutely no politician....... They are ALL beholding ONLY to the big money that gets them in office, and we are all peasants......... Right now we have 535 thieving, arrogant, deceptive bastards running this country.

Everyone can agree on some issues. :thumb: