• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Polls, Moles, & Trolls

How did you decide who to vote for?

• Voted for the person who probably is a mole.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Voted for the most ironic candidate as a mole.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Thought the candidate is a jerk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Troll, mole; close enough!

• Junkman (or other moderator) made me vote!

• Voted for self (for any reason)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Did I vote?

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Seeing the interesting twists on the "Spy" the thread, I'm curious what motivations people used to decide how to vote in that poll.

No need to tell who you voted for, but I'll start:

Seeing that Junkman never made the list (I still love the conspirecy theory to that!) and Dargo had me rolling on the floor, I had to cast the first vote for myself. :fart2: Still need to find that tinfoil hat smilie!

OregonAlex

you already know the motiviation, based on my theory.. Show me the list of actually people who have voted (not who they voted for) and and that blows my theory... and I will eat crow.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
No doubt, this thread certainly has no hope of proving your theory wrong, especially if it is correct.

But with perhaps 20 different members posting to that thread; at least 1/3 of the votes would be real; so we should get a few interesting responses here.

OregonAlex

daedong,

I thought there was a way of blocking seeing posts from certain users. I am sure if it really bugs people, they can filter him out.. or at least I think. If you start to globally blocking people from speaking their mind you turn into TBN. obviously.

He is kind of funny in my opinion, just have to be in the right mind set before reading what he writes.

buy_25

Banned
daedong said:
Now can we block Buy_25 from this thread:whistle:

Even though I pitty you....

Attachments

• clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 153

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
buy_25 said:
Why..what do you get for a poll winner. A penn...a TBN hat....

No candidates in this poll to mail the prize to. Guess I'll just have to see which beer wins in the other current poll and give it to myself as a prize. :1062:

OregonAlex

Spiffy1...How about a poll to see if people think "THE LIST" of voters will ever get produced. That one should be interesting..:yum: :yum: :yum:

buy_25

Banned
OregonAlex said:
Spiffy1...How about a poll to see if people think "THE LIST" of voters will ever get produced. That one should be interesting..:yum: :yum: :yum:

how about this
1) does it matter
2) do people really care
3) does it matter
:puke1:

OregonAlex

buy_25 said:
[FONT=&quot]anything over 1 option, you loss voters by confusion.:whistle::yum::yum::yum::yum::D[/FONT]
too bad we can't vote with having the question on one page and the punchout bullet/chad on the adjacent page.

Question
_________________________----> O <---punch out hole
A -------------------------\/----> O <---punch out hole
B -------------------------/\

that is how the professionals do it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:

The 'List ' will never be posted.

Start a thread asking those who voted in the poll to post, just saying they voted.

Admins and mods cannot vote more than once. Period. The software does not allow it. Verify that on theh VBulletin site if your interested.

As admin I could modify thhe database through the back door, but I've better things to do with my time. I'm working on an image problem with the gallery and trying to get all my tax stuff together to meet with our accountant tomorrow. :puke1:
For the record, I didn't vote in the poll.

OregonAlex

Doc said:
The 'List ' will never be posted.

Start a thread asking those who voted in the poll to post, just saying they voted.

Admins and mods cannot vote more than once. Period. The software does not allow it. Verify that on theh VBulletin site if your interested.

Here you go Doc.. here is how you do it.. Found it on the on-line manual in a matter of seconds.

Who Voted in Poll If you wish to find out who voted on a particular poll, you can do this by going to Threads & Posts > Who Voted. Here, you will be presented with a list of polls:
who_voted.png

The dropdown contains the poll’s ID and name; the text box is the name of the thread that contains that poll. Once you have found the poll you want to view, click [Who Voted]. You will now see a results screen such as this:
who_voted_results.png

This page displays each poll option that has at least one vote, along with each person who voted for it.

OregonAlex

Well Spiffy,

are you surprised by Doc's response? are you surprise we got any response?
Do you think it is better to just have no reponse? are you disappointed like I am? I guess I was hoping to be proved wrong and to publically eat crow so I can regain any trust and respect I had for the poll results. This would also help to disprove all of my original theory that the owners/moderators here try to keep diplomatic relationship with TBN and as a result they are INTERNAL spys by report potential trouble for TBN to TBN management. Which in return can get people like Dargo, unbanned and other favor. AND that the reason people become moderators is for power, popularity and political reasons. Notice, there has never been any denial of this theory either. I am disappointed.. all I wanted was a statement saying that we have no relationship with TBN management and would never and have never reported activity on this forum to TBN management. Notice my request to react a private TBN rant area where we don't have to worry about EXTERNAL spies, didn't git touched either..just like I predicted. but hey.. this is not my BUSINESS or website. They can do whatever the heck they feel like it.. but don't insult my intelligent with this "Who is the SPY Hypocracy thread".

buy_25

Banned
OregonAlex said:
Well Spiffy,

are you surprised by Doc's response? are you surprise we got any response?
Do you think it is better to just have no reponse? are you disappointed like I am? I guess I was hoping to be proved wrong and to publically eat crow so I can regain any trust and respect I had for the poll results. This would also help to disprove all of my original theory that the owners/moderators here try to keep diplomatic relationship with TBN and as a result they are INTERNAL spys by report potential trouble for TBN to TBN management. Which in return can get people like Dargo, unbanned and other favor. AND that the reason people become moderators is for power, popularity and political reasons. Notice, there has never been any denial of this theory either. I am disappointed.. all I wanted was a statement saying that we have no relationship with TBN management and would never and have never reported activity on this forum to TBN management. Notice my request to react a private TBN rant area where we don't have to worry about EXTERNAL spies, didn't git touched either..just like I predicted. but hey.. this is not my BUSINESS or website. They can do whatever the heck they feel like it.. but don't insult my intelligent with this "Who is the SPY Hypocracy thread".
so dargo is back on TBN..Are you kidding me? :drink::drink:Say it is not so

But you hit the nail on the head here. What I feel, f' them. Some crap over there since I started (4 years ago) and I need real answers not is rotella good or $7 diesel. I can't bring myself to appeal to the ass mods over there and their members that ask the same crap 1,000 times. It is easier to call my dealer (that I trust) then bring it up with mods, owner and members. But they do have power etc (as you stated) in there own little website. Outside of that, they are the kind of nothing.

OregonAlex

I am sure you know what the secret is to getting out of this mess? Right.
same things politicans... do..

duck, keep quiet and eventually the problem will go away. If you cant get around it and you get put between a rock and a hard place, try denying on on technicalities with carefully crafted responses. But becareful, make sure your response is air tight or it will come back to you and bit you back in the ass.. If this happens go back to "duck, keep quiet..."

If this keeps happening ... try to get the whistle brower off your site.. try influencing people, fixed polls work nicely to try to mentally defeat people.

If that does not work.. then as a last resort.. censor and ban. On TBN.. we don't have any of these other steps.. we go straight to censor and ban.. without hesitiation.

so.. I think we are duck, keep quiet, and hope things blow over mode again.

buy_25

Banned
OregonAlex said:
I am sure you know what the secret is to getting out of this mess? Right.
same things politicans... do..

duck, keep quiet and eventually the problem will go away. If you cant get around it and you get put between a rock and a hard place, try denying on on technicalities with carefully crafted responses. But becareful, make sure your response is air tight or it will come back to you and bit you back in the ass.. If this happens go back to "duck, keep quiet..."

If this keeps happening ... try to get the whistle brower off your site.. try influencing people, fixed polls work nicely to try to mentally defeat people.

If that does not work.. then as a last resort.. censor and ban. On TBN.. we don't have any of these other steps.. we go straight to censor and ban.. without hesitiation.

so.. I think we are duck, keep quiet, and hope things blow over mode again.

I agree but for me I do not play that way...that is why or where the several accounts come in play if I want to post over there. But I can't stand the same questions asked over and over.....so I do not use them.

I used to go look at times and I could narrow the oil forum and the kubota ownering down to about 30 threads. Same shit different date.

OregonAlex

buy_25 said:
I agree but for me I do not play that way...that is why or where the several accounts come in play if I want to post over there. But I can't stand the same questions asked over and over.....so I do not use them.

I used to go look at times and I could narrow the oil forum and the kubota ownering down to about 30 threads. Same shit different date.
Buy_25.. people come and go and ask the same question. I think it is very painful for people to answer the same questions over and over again.. but they do it.. for whatever their motivation is. This is nice of them to do for people who are unwilling to "google" for the answer. These people shouldn't be faulted for trying to be helpful. I am sure it is more painful for them to retype their response as they did a few weeks ago..then for for you to reread it.. then again..maybe not as some seem to enjoy it and it helps to increases their popularity. Which strokes their ego, and can to power and influence. some have gotten so good at it that they keep old photos and responses around just so they can repost almost the same thing.

you keep changing the subject and you are helping things to blow over... you know.
-duck, keep quiet, and hope it blows over.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oa,
I didn't say I couldn't post the list I said I wouldn't. Members voted in private. It will stay that way.

If people want to tell you they voted fine. All you have to do is ask them, not me.

This thread sure brought you out of the closet. :beer:

OregonAlex

just what is there to hide by simply listing who voted. Not how they voted? Just what kind of privacy are we protecting.. we would have no idea how people voted with this information and I can't see how this would affect anyone's privacy. All I was looking for was gains some sort of trust in how the moderators use their powers. Is this not obvious to you how all this looks? You craft a response to mislead and then you follow up with "I didn't say it I couldn't do it.. ". But hey.. the ForumsForums website is your Business, along with other websites, and this is not a democracy... run it as you see fit. If you get stuck you can ask Muhammed for advice.

obviously your are somewhat successful.. your membership is growing .. so you must be doing something right. What does one trouble making member mean to you anymore.. sound familiar?

althought you past attempt with gain advertisers has yet to be very successfull.. You really need to decide if FF is going to be for Fun hobby or if is realistically ever going to be turned into a business. I was hoping this would be treated as a fun hobby web site but obviously it is starting to sound like a business.

-Awaiting your "crafted" political business response.

Last edited: