• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did anyone watch Trump/Putin press conference?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Did anyone watch their joint press conference today?
I thought it went pretty well.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Why bother to watch it?

All the "letter" news broadcasts told the world everything that Trump was doing wrong, even before any meeting even started.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw a bit of the press conference prior to their behind doors meeting. I also thought that came off pretty good except for the part that they did not have the interpreter for Putin wired, so no idea what he said. Body language from both indicated he did not say anything earth shattering.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Missed it. I'm sure the left is triggered right about now. Schumer calling for impeachment, Pelosi yapping mindlessly about something insignificant and Mad Max screaming at the top of her lungs that the migrants are the ones losing in all this.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Missed it. I'm sure the left is triggered right about now. Schumer calling for impeachment, Pelosi yapping mindlessly about something insignificant and Mad Max screaming at the top of her lungs that the migrants are the ones losing in all this.
Accurate dear Watson.

rugerman

I missed it but I have no fear that it will be rehashed repeatedly on the evening news so I will get my fill of it then.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Putin calls Mueller's bluff:

Putin offers to let Mueller team sit in while Russian law enforcement question the 12 indicted Russian military officers. In return he wants Russian intel officers to be able to sit in on questioning of American lawyer Bill Browder, behind Magnitsky Act and Russian sanctions.

Yelping liberals and nevertrumpers are the ones upset today, that tells you who is having a good day. Thank you President Trump!

So where are those Servers right about now?

It is time we are told where they are located, as well as what information they contain, right?

Mueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Wray?

Bueller?

Anybody there in Alphabet Land to ANSWER this Question the President asked in front of the ENTIRE WORLD today?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
.....and Putin drops this bombshell, and I quote:

"For instance, we can bring up Mr. Browder, in this particular case. Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia and never paid any taxes neither in Russia or the United States and yet the money escaped the country. They were transferred to the United States. They sent [a] huge amount of money, $400,000,000, as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton. Well that’s their personal case. It might have been legal, the contribution itself but the way the money was earned was illegal. So we have solid reason to believe that some [US] intelligence offers accompanied and guided these transactions. So we have an interest in questioning them."

Browder is an American-born British financier. He is the CEO and co-founder of Hermitage Capital Management, an investment fund that at one time was the largest foreign portfolio investor in Russia.

Full Gateway Pundit article link here:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...roup-gave-400000000-to-hillary-clinton-video/

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I would take Putin's word over that of that wormy bastard Brennan any day of the week. I would say Trump does too.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I thought that this press conference was pointless. Trump had to have known that he would be ask about the CIA findings.

There was no way he could give a good answer standing next to Putin. What was he to say that he believes the CIA and thinks Putin is a lying S.O.B.?
He just needs to be careful because Putin is a very crafty man (he is the former head of the KGB after all.)
As for Crimea, it's a done deal. The Russians have invaded it and there is no way to get them to leave. But once again by having a news confrence and being asked questions, (Trump should have known that question was coming), there wasn't a good way of replying.
Trump obviously knows that the press is not his friend but crying "fake news, fake news" is not the answer. It just makes Trump look like a crybaby - think Blamery Clinton and her bitchin' about why she lost.
True or not it is what it is, "fake news" or not that's what he has to deal with. He needs to be very crafty himself.

The more he antagonizes the press the more they nit pick anything he does or says.

Although he means well Trump seems to leap before he looks. He also needs to get some good advisors. A smart man is intelligent enough to know he doesn't know everything.
And smart advisors shouldn't mean his relatives. That's nepotism regardless of who it's from it looks bad and there is to much of that in Washington D.C. Whether it's Kennedys or Bushes or Clintons I think that puts people off.

As for Russia, yeah we have to deal with them but don't trust them. The are not our friends.

I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.
– Winston Churchill

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
John McCain's take:
Sen. John McCain released a powerful statement Monday criticizing President Donald Trump, calling his news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin "one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory."

The Republican senator from Arizona also called the press conference in Helsinki a "recent low point" in the history of the presidency and called the summit "a tragic mistake".
"Today's press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory," McCain said.

"The damage inflicted by President Trump's naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake."

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you know Lindsey Graham fears the gifted soccer ball from Putin to Trump is bugged?
Mmmmk..
I don't know whether to laugh about that or not.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If Trump had blasted Putin at the presser, the Left would have screamed WARMONGER!

Another case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Of course the Left screams 'the Russians are GUILTY', conveniently forgetting that the public has yet to see any EVIDENCE.