• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Truck Shopping: Toyota Tundra CrewMax vs Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm truck shopping and looking for opinions.

I'm considering a Toyota Tundra CrewMax vs a Chevy 2500 3/4 ton.

Both are 2007 4wd gas'ers and crew cab and pretty much loaded. Prices are comparable. Both in the ballpark of 20k miles.

Which would you choose and why?

Here are pics of each model.

Attachments

• ChevySilverado.jpg
    ChevySilverado.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,319
  • 2007_TundraCrewMax.jpg
    2007_TundraCrewMax.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,350

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I would take the Chevy simply because that Toyota is the first model year and they had some fairly significant issues ranging from the serious (transmission and suspension) to the ridiculous (welds on the tailgate splitting).

toyota-tundra-tailgate-memo.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Dave. I was reading some similar stuff on the link Ghautz posted. Interesting.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
:agree: Even though I am a die hard Ford fan I agree with Dave. Oh yeah my next vehicle is probably going to have to be a Chevy :bb: Ok let me explain. I have a new customer that is giving me a lot of business and promises of future business. He is a Chevy dealer. I am thinking Avalanche

79bombi

Site Supporter
Go Toyota - you won't have to go see the service people very often. Have had great luck with 3 toyotas and enough of a horrible experience with one Chevy to not go back for a long time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found one on a lot here that sounds much the same. Same year and everything. At this point I am not comfortable with the diesels, especially the used ones. Knowing they can use the chip to increase power / tear it up, and then remove it or back down the settings before they trade it in bothers me.

I would be more apt to go with a new Dodge if I go diesel, especially if I could find a crew cab for 28k like Dave did. :eek: :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chevy. Fuel usage will be much less. Gas won't stay cheap for long...
I believe you are right, but why is Toyota mileage so much worse?
I was seeing 7.5 mpg when test driving one of them. :eek: And I was taking it easy trying to get the number up higher. Couldn't do it.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Toyota has lots of power = fuel usage.

GM uses the 'variable displacement' to get millage, yet still have the power available.