• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Fifth Wheel is History

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, the 40' fiver is gone.

Two years ago we bought it to drag the whole family around and it worked out great. Had a wonderful time in it but circumstances have changed and we had to move it from the farm where it was stored. My wife and I both loved it and would have kept it but it was just too big to keep and move around at the house. Besides it was also too big to get into some of the places that we wanted to camp at, namely most of the State Parks around us. So, it had to go.

Traded it in and came home with a new Forester 3011DS class "C" motor home. It's 32' overall and I can get it in through the gate, up the driveway and park in front (really at the back) of the house. Brought it home on Thursday. Ever since my wife has been like a little girl transferring stuff removed from the fifth wheel and outfitting it for our first big trip next month. This one is strictly for 2 people and a dog (or two). Still don't have anything we can tow behind it but we're probably not going to need anything until at least August, if we get anything at all.

This is going to be our first venture into motor homes to see if we still like rving. I'm sure that we will. Looking forward to it. It should be fun.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Class...e=floorplandetails&floorplanid=245&RVType=CLC

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
That is nice ETF! I spend a few years looking at motor homes, researching, etc. and almost bought one but the owner and I just couldn't work the terms out. Now I'm unemployed, building a house and involved in too many things that require my presence. But I dream of the days that could have been. Enjoy!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
At 4 dollar gas and seven mile to the gallon figure your self lucky.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well I see you opted for the slide out if I were to buy something like that for retirement it would be a slide out I like to kick back and spread out at the end of a day. from what I have heard the slide outs have been pretty much perfected. having worked in the industry I also think I would by some thing built by winnabago industry's or holiday rambler who also builds the airstream the holiday rambler products always seemed to be built a bit heavier than the competition

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Frank. Very nice. Now you are ready to hit the road anytime you get the urge. You didn't post a outside pic so we'd know if we see you on the road. The layout pic did not due it justice. I really like this pic. Really looks spacious. :thumb:

Attachments

• ETFranksforesterMotorhome.jpg
    ETFranksforesterMotorhome.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 201