• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Laser rust and paint removal

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I could use one of those right now for all the rust I am removing from the 542CF Tucker I am restoring. However, I don't think I can afford it, I still have to buy a full set of track rollers.

PJL

That is cool. You could make some of these old project cats completely disappear.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have used the laser rust removal, I do like it, no parent metal loss and leaves a very clean surface to work with, much like media blasting, it only cleans what you can see, for complete inside and out, immersion rust/paint/stuff removal is my first choice

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
I've been using harbor freight aluminum oxide 70 grit blast media, works good on the very rusty cast and steel parts. Puts off shiny sparklies on the high heat treat parts :)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes for now, media blast whether soda,glass,oxide or black slag will have to
Do. It’s just more messy, maybe dry ice blasting :smile:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Slickest thing I've seen for paint removal was a machine using ground dry ice in high velocity air. Guy totally stripped a '63 full size chevy in 45 min, didn't have to worry about plastic, rubber or glass and when finished nothing but paint flakes on the ground.
Mike