• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

14 wolves introduced to Yellowstone ...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And the story line makes it sound like it was the right thing to do. But, I vaguely remember how Big Al and others talked of the damage the wolves were causing and what a pain they were.

You thoughts on the validity of this video please. I suspect they are just telling the one side of the story.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q&t=181s"]How Wolves Change Rivers - YouTube[/ame]

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If they could only teach the wolves to stay inside the park boundaries!! Once they leave the park is when their bad rep becomes apparent.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
If they could only teach the wolves to stay inside the park boundaries!! Once they leave the park is when their bad rep becomes apparent.
Mike
It's a big park. Maybe make them fair game once they leave it? Just an idea.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure some farmers and ranchers take good care of the ones with no tracking collar. No body, no evidence. They aren't allowed to legally kill them until a certain amount of loss of livestock $$ can be proved. Livestock losses is what killed them off long ago.
Mike

ravcosales

I live in northern Wisconsin and they reintroduced wolves here some years back due to "dwindling population." The problem is the wolves dramatically reduced our deer population and ate some of the trapping game as well. My tiny town only has a population of 850 (there are a bunch of little towns next to it though) and we had a wolf coming in and eating dog food out of someone's dog dish. I haven't heard of any attacks on livestock or pets, but people hitting wolves with their cars and the hit to hunting have been less than pleasant.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I see all the deer in Upper Michigan in town during the winter and I believe the Wolves are the reason I think why. We see their tracks when snow catting there. 2 Years ago we saw 3 wolves cross our trail, and watched us at a distance..

I think they are a piece of the ecosystem we could live with out. In most places anyway.

Regards, Kirk