• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp parking brake

hansoni

Can someone tell me if these where driveshaft mounted? Any specs? I'd like to find one/fab one for mine.

Thanks
Steve

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one in my Snow Trac. They are known to freeze up with snow, especially if you park it warm, then it cools of and freezes the pads to the drums. So, I just leave it in gear for a parking brake..

A disk brake on the drive line is like a Ski Dozer set up. Not sure what Imps would have had..

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My 1404 has a disc right at the front of the driveshaft it is located on the trans output.

It loves to hold really tight. when the imp is on the roll back I can back up. slip it on and it holds that machine Right there.
Without it loading on the truck would require a pull with the cable.
I am a huge fan of functioning ebrakes.
As a flat lander:
I have had a few loading concerns from being too cold, intoxicated, tired, lazy, distracted, bored, frustrated, hurried, excited, clumsy, (you get the idea) to press on with out one.
at a minimum I will give up on the cable operated stuff and install a Hydraulic lock in line.
I can get a photo of mine if you desire. (not really wanting pull my floor out) but I will if you need the details a photo can provide.