• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayers needed. Moose strike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I heard this morning that a girl I went to school with and was also a former co worker hit a moose yesterday on her way to the city. The moose died. She's on life support in the hospital with a broken neck and severe facial disfigurement. Not looking good for her. Sad. She is a couple years younger than me. [emoji29] I believe they are just waiting for family to arrive to pull the plug.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How tragic. I can't imagine. We will keep her in our thoughts.

We have whitetails here. They will mess up a car but often won't total one and many who hit them have either no, or just minor injuries.

I've had 4 encounters with moose while driving in Canada. Thankfully all have been 50 to 100 yards away. They are the size of a dairy cow but taller. I'd bet they would destroy a semi truck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a mixture of moose deer and blackbear around here. Always a danger on the roads.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
NR, I hope that she is okay. She will be in our prayers tonight.

Many years ago, when I worked up in Wyoming, a guy I worked with, his wife came round a bend in a compact car and ran right in to a moose standing in the middle of the road. She hit it broadside and dead center. It rolled across the hood, up and over the roof and off the back. The roof was collapsed down to the seat backs but she threw herself sideways at the impact and had to be cut out of the car but only had bruises and lacerations from the windscreen and windows exploding. She was lucky. The car was a write-off.

I've seen moose on TV but not until I arrived at the scene did I appreciated how big and tall those suckers are. They are huge.