• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rotator cuff surgery....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I get to have this done shortly after the New Year..

My snow catting season was just terminated. 6 months to no restrictions, likely a year before full strength.. :hammer:

But I am tired of living in pain, and sleeping little. So it is time....

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Had surgery 17 yrs ago on my right one. The doc came out and told Linda there wasn't enough cuff left to reattach. She asked about an artificial and he said as active as your husband looks if he tears it loose it's all over for that arm. I've just learned my limitations and go on with life. Not trying to discourage you Kirk, just telling my experience.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Rotator cuff injury is a nightmare of pain and sleepless nights. I was lucky in that mine was my left arm and cured via therapies. It still hurts from time to time but I have full use and motion.

Surgery is a last resort and often unsuccessful. You must really be hurting, Kirk, to have to go to that extreme. My sympathies. Kirk, be damn religious about the after surgery therapy. You do not want frozen joint syndrome. It hurts but you gotta push it. Use "Blue Stop" or "Australian Dream" pain lotions.
Remember, lotion and motion. Lots of it.
Good luck!:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Kirk. A good friend just had his done on Dec 2nd. He was going back into the office this week but only for half days. A lot of pain, as is expected. I had an MRI the day before Thanksgiving on my left shoulder. It as hurt since August. I didn't injure it that I know of, nothing special but the pain was intense. It has let up a good bit and I see the doc for the results next week. It does not hurt enough now that I would consider surgery but that might be in my long range future.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had surgery 17 yrs ago on my right one. The doc came out and told Linda there wasn't enough cuff left to reattach. She asked about an artificial and he said as active as your husband looks if he tears it loose it's all over for that arm. I've just learned my limitations and go on with life. Not trying to discourage you Kirk, just telling my experience.
Mike

I was warned this could be and issue. Plan B is using a skin graft over the joint, fastened to the top of the Humorous and to the scapula. This surgeon was one of the ones who pioneered this procedure. At this point he calls it reconstruction, not repair. I hope I do not have to find out about reconstruction... Just a repair would be nice!

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was warned this could be and issue. Plan B is using a skin graft over the joint, fastened to the top of the Humorous and to the scapula. This surgeon was one of the ones who pioneered this procedure. At this point he calls it reconstruction, not repair. I hope I do not have to find out about reconstruction... Just a repair would be nice!

Regards, Kirk

Get it done.
Not everyone who has the surgery is left with limited mobility.
:smile: