• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Air travel

How many times have you been on a flight?

• Total voters

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How often have you been on a plane?

In another thread, members mentioned having never been on a plane. I have a couple in-laws that haven't either.

So I'm putting a poll up to see how many times members have been on a plane.

To pad the numbers (as any good poll would do :whistle: ) we're going to count the number of take-offs so if it was 2 flights to reach your destination, count it as 2 flights.

Your answer is public.

AndyM

Charter Member
bczoom said:
How often have you been on a plane?

In another thread, members mentioned having never been on a plane.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

All of my travel for work is within Ohio, or to Michigan or Pennsylvania. Any traveling for pleasure or for visiting family is wither to Pennsyvania or West Virginia.

I guess I need to get out more often!

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob - your answer actually surprised me.

I was going to list the "501 or more" as "too damn many - reserved for Bob and Brent"

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
bczoom said:
I was going to list the "501 or more" as "too damn many - reserved for Bob and Brent"

ah-hem...

Much better than driving, in every respect. I'll have an air-strip on the property by next summer.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't ever want to have airline status again. That's all I have to say.

Been there done that.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly do not have any idea. I just took a WAG. I figure I'd guess low. It makes me feel better that way. :eek:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For those that answered > 500, are those on commercial flights or ??? When I posted this thread, I honestly hadn't considered private and/or military flights.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Commercial for me. Mostly short trips around the SE but the occasional international flight too. For about 5 years I was on a plane almost every work day.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Avoiding flying as much as possible. I would rather stay at home. To me, travelling is time wasted, and I really dislike it.

Havent been on a plane for about 10 years.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Just used up the last of my Delta FF miles last week on a ticket. Just before the US Airways announcement that they will be buying Delta.

Couldn't have timed it better!

Got a lot of free flights and upgrades out of all my travel. I have to say that for at least three of my five years of flying I was almost always flying first class. I even was able to get co-workers bumped up to first when they flew with me. Didn't care about the free drinks after a while (I'd be drunk every day) but the big seats and quick exit from the plane were sure nice.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, I used to have several hundred thousand FF miles myself. Burned them up taking the family places (1st class, of course).

For years, I was automatically bumped into 1st class as well. Couldn't have any drinks on the Monday AM flights (going to work) so I just made up for it on the Thursday evening flights home :burp:

One thing that was pretty cool... My destination for about 3 years was the same city. On my return flight, I always got the same ticket agent (it was a small airport) and she must have liked me. Not only did she automatically put me in 1st class but she helped my FF account. Every Thursday, not only did I get 1000 FF miles for my flight home, my FF account also showed I flew to Frankfurt Germany and London's Heathrow airports on the same day. :cool2: I was getting 15,000 FF miles every Thursday. :applause:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
He was, and that is why she kept giving him miles. She figured that he was a good candidate for a sex change operation, since his wanger was so tiny it would make a good ****.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
BC, you weren't showing her your wanger, were you? :eek:
Nope. That's what I couldn't figure out. I was married and my wedding band is pretty obvious. To this date, I have no idea why she did it.

The only thing I can think of is that the better employees take care of their customers.

A similar thing occurred at the hotel. I normally had the same desk clerk (another cutie :thumb: ) who always had everything ready for my arrival. The room was always upgraded and there was an envelope attached to my receipt which contained 20 free drink coupons.

For my rental car, I would rent a midsize. When I got my slot assignment, there was normally a Cadillac, SUV or something cool there.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Yea, I used to have several hundred thousand FF miles myself. Burned them up taking the family places (1st class, of course).

For years, I was automatically bumped into 1st class as well. Couldn't have any drinks on the Monday AM flights (going to work) so I just made up for it on the Thursday evening flights home :burp:

One thing that was pretty cool... My destination for about 3 years was the same city. On my return flight, I always got the same ticket agent (it was a small airport) and she must have liked me. Not only did she automatically put me in 1st class but she helped my FF account. Every Thursday, not only did I get 1000 FF miles for my flight home, my FF account also showed I flew to Frankfurt Germany and London's Heathrow airports on the same day. :cool2: I was getting 15,000 FF miles every Thursday. :applause:

I noticed the thing with Automated Checkin machines is you can't get those nice upgrades just by being friendly with the agents. If it's not busy I still go through the agents just to see if I still can charm them.:whistle:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
From 1976 to 1991 I worked for an industrial equipment manufacturing company near the west coast. I traveled 2 weeks a month. I was usually in at least 4 different cities/areas each week. I would fly out on Sunday and return late Friday. By traveling east you can work most of Friday and still fly west after work and land by 9:00 PM. But to get anything accomplished on Monday, you need to leave the west coast cities on Sunday. I would arrive at my destination in the evening, work with my accounts the next day and then back to the airport and on to the next location to start all over again. I racked up frequent flyer miles that I never was able to use. I now hate to fly......:puke1: Also did some flying on private corporate jets..... no more......unless forced to fly......The courtesy in airports and service now just sucks no matter what class or how you fly.....:(