• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alaskan Nodwell 110 Trek "Classic"

dboyce

looking for adventure? How about a 80 mile trek through the mountains and across 3 major rivers at 20 below to a remote gold camp in Alaska in a 60’s modified amphibious Nodwell 110 DSCN2523.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just wondering, is that camper on some sort of skis or a sled?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Did that with an IMP, does that count? All the rivers were frozen...

Actually, I did it a lot...

dboyce

No skies were used, we had groomed the trail on previous Cat Train trips so had the equivalent of an 80 mile ice road. We used the Nodwell as a support vehicle carrying 500 gallons of fuel, 2 snow-machines, and our sleeping-cooking trailer, Here is a picture before and after we modified the Mellow Yellow NoddyGirl.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 742
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 727

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That looks nice! I had a 110 some years back, but was too big for my trail to my camp, sold it and bought the Imp.

What engine did you haven it, gas or diesel?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is a cool little unit never seen one that was amphibous those are some huge work horses

dboyce

That looks nice! I had a 110 some years back, but was too big for my trail to my camp, sold it and bought the Imp.

What engine did you haven it, gas or diesel?
It has a screaming jimmy, 4 cylinder Detroit, 3 speed automatic, high low range, air over hydraulic steering (finger tip steering), we put in 2 air ride suspension seats, and aluminum diamond plated interior with requisite foam insulation for Arctic conditions, The roll Bar will support an hydraulic hoist in the future along with a drill rig. She is sweet!