• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS: 1979 Bombi

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
radar,your bombi looks like a good one, sounds like you gave it alot of tlc! What was the correct fluid you got to put in the diff ??

Radar4xfour

I used Transhydraulic fluid. Caterpillar sells different weights of this style of fluid under their TDTO series of oils. When I rebuilt the diff I filled the case with the costly TDTO oil and was very pleased with the turning performance of the machine. I did not have the case top properly sealed and water found it's way into the diff case after one use. So after it's first use (1 hour) I drained the TDTO oil, flushed the entire diff case, cooler and cooler lines and resealed the diff cover top, problem solved. For the 2nd fill I went with the less costly Transhydraulic fluid available at farm supply stores and tractor dealers. John Deere, Case etc. have the same oils available.

Radar

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
I used Transhydraulic fluid. Caterpillar sells different weights of this style of fluid under their TDTO series of oils. When I rebuilt the diff I filled the case with the costly TDTO oil and was very pleased with the turning performance of the machine. I did not have the case top properly sealed and water found it's way into the diff case after one use. So after it's first use (1 hour) I drained the TDTO oil, flushed the entire diff case, cooler and cooler lines and resealed the diff cover top, problem solved. For the 2nd fill I went with the less costly Transhydraulic fluid available at farm supply stores and tractor dealers. John Deere, Case etc. have the same oils available.

Radar
Hey Radar, I know this is an old thread, but figured it was worth a shot, how did you finally end up sealing the diff case that worked well?