• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SW 48 bombardier info needed

Stuart

I'm wondering if anyone has the following info for a 1987 bombardier SW48 FA - has a Ford 300 cu.in. inline six in it: what to use for plugs, wires, distributor cap,rotor, points and condenser. Thanks in advance for any info

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Take a spark plug out and get 6 with the same number.
Wires and everything are the same as a 1987 F150 with a 300/6. Or if that year truck is fuel injection, look at an older truck model.

Stuart

Thanks Pixie.....From the info I did find I'm thinking it's got the wrong plugs in it but from your info I should be able to make some headway at the local automotive suppliers..... when I mentioned that it was a ford industrial engine they had no listings, even the ford dealer drew a blank

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
A Pinto had a 300 cubic inch 6 cylinder ?? Pretty sure the front suspension would have protested !

Yes, the auto parts guys might have to look in a book ( if they still have any..) for industrial engine parts.
My biggest problem was the carb. It was a very rare beast so I just sent it to Treadwell in NY for rebuild and it came back in great shape.

I have to do the same trick of using an automobile model to get parts for my earlier Bombardier J5s with Dodge engines.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my mistake ,sorry
I had the 4cylinder industrial in a bombi
I usually do a bing search with the engine number to get info.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the industrial 300 may have used duraspark 1 which would have used the small cap with electronic ignition a quick shows the 200 and 300 used the same plug autolite 166 with a .040 to 045 gap if it has points I would drop it to 035