• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wiper arms

moosebgy

What are the correct replacement wiper arms for the Snow Tracs? Did a search but I couldn't find any part number or are they just standard VW wiper arms. Since the snow level is coming slowly down the mountains I need to get ready. Thanks

Jeff

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know.

But I would be they are from a VW beetle or bus.

clhsmith

I WRAPED A WIRE ON THE ARM TO DETERMINE THE LENGTH NEEDED THEN WENT TO AN AUTOWRECKER WHO HAD A BIN FULL OF ARMS AND GOT THE RITE LENGTH. THE RODS THEY FIT ON ARE ONE QUARTER INCH WHICH IS TOO SMALL FOR ANY MODERN WIPER. I PUT A BRASS BUSHING ON THE ROD TO MATCH THE HOLE SIZE IN THE WIPER ARM THEN DRILED ASMALL HOLE THROUGH ALL THREE AND INSERTED A COTTER PIN .YOU HAVE TO DO SOME CHECKING BEFORE YOU DRILL THE COTTER PIN HOLE THAT THE WIPERS STOP IN THE RITE PLACE SIDE TO SIDE ON THE GLASS. WORKED OUT FINE. HOPE THIS HELPS C.S.