• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rio School Massacre ~ tied to Islamic Extremism ~ why no media of that fact?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a little rant for you all, but many of us have certainly seen the headlines about the school shooting in Rio De Janeiro which left at least 11 kids dead and 20+ injured.

But at least one story I found quoted the police chief who stated: “the words of a person who no longer believes in anything, full of sentences that made no sense and references to Islamic fundamentalism.

Can we just call a spade a spade?

I'm way too old to be politically correct. If the Islamic radicals are the real threat then we need to say so.

[/rant]

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Nothing new about this.

Thinking point: Name a conflict anywhere in the world that does not involve islamo-maggots who can not get along with either themselves or their neighbors.

SShepherd

oh, it's just a religion of peace that deserves to be allowed in our country.

I bet if the lollypop guild had meetings and plotted the demise of our country through subversion, attacks on civilians, and the replacement of our laws with theirs they would be up shit creek on a raft of straws.

..........but they're not hiding behind the guise of being a religion:hammer:

mak2

Cool, find them, and I am anti death penalty, but in their case kill em and I wont get too mad. But if a Moslem here in America that had nothing to do with it loses a freedom, we all do.

Randy Scheffer

Thinking point: Name a conflict anywhere in the world that does not involve islamo-maggots who can not get along with either themselves or their neighbors.
Google the name Justin Carl Moose. Eric Rudolph is someone else who quickly comes to mind who might be more known.

Now, by conflict, do you mean where an active military is involved?

Ireland comes to mind as well as some areas in Africa, where it's more tribal than anything else (eye for an eye mentality is never ending through generations).

Although they do practice the Islamic faith in Korea, while I was there it wasn't the source of conflict, but we certainly had our eyes on the north.

There are still some places locally where there are cross burnings, and I can remember in 1981 when we had a lock down in high school because the KKK was coming for a black student.

To think that "islamo maggots" are the only people in this world who can't get along shows some pretty limited thinking.

Cool, find them, and I am anti death penalty, but in their case kill em and I wont get too mad. But if a Moslem here in America that had nothing to do with it loses a freedom, we all do.
+1. Sad part is I'm guessing some Americans don't have a clue to what you mean.

But at least one story I found quoted the police chief who stated: “the words of a person who no longer believes in anything, full of sentences that made no sense and references to Islamic fundamentalism.
You should read some of the comments our local sheriff makes.

Reading the note that this demented gunman left, how you can't come to the conclusion that he was just that, demented, and instead associate his actions with a religion is beyond me.

mak2

Well Randy, I agree completely with you. I would send rep points but.........nevermind, kinda of a sore spot with some around here. I dont think is it "some" Americans that dont get it around here, I think in might be most.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To think that "islamo maggots" are the only people in this world who can't get along shows some pretty limited thinking.
Where did you come up with that bit of illogical garbage? Seriously.

Nobody is saying that there are not threats from multiple sources. The whole point of this thread is that we've become so damn politically correct in this nation that we can't call a proverbial "spade a spade." In this particular case we didn't identify this man in our media as a muslim and connect his crime, because of his suicide note, to his religious beliefs as that impetus of the event.

How is that any different than the local news saying to watch out for a rapist who is 5'10" tall with black hair and a scar on his face but not telling us if he is white, black, brown, red or yellow?

You should read some of the comments our local sheriff makes.

Reading the note that this demented gunman left, how you can't come to the conclusion that he was just that, demented, and instead associate his actions with a religion is beyond me.

The police chief to which I was referring actually quoted from the actual suicide note. He is the one who, during the interview, was reading the Islamic extremist wording. It seemed pretty clear to him that this was a crime, that if done in this nation, would be labeled a "hate" crime for religions reasons, or perhaps a "terrorist" action, again based on the religious writings in the actual suicide note. I have no clue who YOUR LOCAL sherif is, but his statements on this matter are totally irrelevant on this issue.

I suppose you may not be able to associate his action with religion, but apparently when this guy wrote the radical islamic statements in his suicide note, those who did read his words had no problem making the connection between his radical islamic statements and his radical actions :hammer:

mak2

Nobody is saying that there are not threats from multiple sources. The whole point of this thread is that we've become so damn politically correct in this nation that we can't call a proverbial "spade a spade." In this particular case we didn't identify this man in our media as a muslim and connect his crime, because of his suicide note, to his religious beliefs as that impetus of the event.

How is that any different than the local news saying to watch out for a rapist who is 5'10" tall with black hair and a scar on his face but not telling us if he is white, black, brown, red or yellow?

The police chief to which I was referring actually quoted from the actual suicide note. He is the one who, during the interview, was reading the Islamic extremist wording. It seemed pretty clear to him that this was a crime, that if done in this nation, would be labeled a "hate" crime for religions reasons, or perhaps a "terrorist" action, again based on the religious writings in the actual suicide note. I have no clue who YOUR LOCAL sherif is, but his statements on this matter are totally irrelevant on this issue.

I suppose you may not be able to associate his action with religion, but apparently when this guy wrote the radical islamic statements in his suicide note, those who did read his words had no problem making the connection between his radical islamic statements and his radical actions :hammer:

The first part when you say an individual 5'10 whatever you are talking about an individual who committed a crime. When you say Moslem you are talking about and entire religion. EXACTLY like saying "a black man" is suspected.

How bout be so abrasive to the new guy (illogical garbage), oh yea, he shows signs of being slightly left of most of the forum.

Randy Scheffer

Wow, "illogical garbage", really? Warm fuzzy place here.

I didn't know that that the only conflict in the world was due to Islam.

Perhaps I'll need to increase my post count to become an expert.

The whole point of this thread is that we've become so damn politically correct in this nation that we can't call a proverbial "spade a spade."
Some nut case "loosely" associates himself with a group, and the group is condemned?

Could you do me a favor and post the entire suicide note? As mentioned, from the accounts I've read of the note, the guy wasn't playing with a full deck by anyone's definition, but to associate him with any type of organization is a stretch of imagination.

Could you please post some links where there were news reports of a rapist but DIDN'T give the nationality or skin color of the suspect?

I came he because a Buddy from Alaska had mentioned this forum about snowcats, but I can't help but get the feeling that this place is a little too overboard for my line of thinking on how people jump to conclusions.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, "illogical garbage", really? Warm fuzzy place here.
Nope, I don't get accused of being warm or fuzzy.

I didn't know that that the only conflict in the world was due to Islam.
And I never said it was. Why do you keep going back to a point that I don't think is true? Are you simply trying to change the dialogue so you can paint people with a broad stroke brush?

Perhaps I'll need to increase my post count to become an expert.
Nope, post numbers have nothing to do with who gets respect here. But if you want respect then don't try to put words in other's mouths.

Some nut case "loosely" associates himself with a group, and the group is condemned?
Nobody ever said 'loosely' so please how did you come up with that?

I love how you try to debate, its full of fail.

. . .

Randy Scheffer said:
I came he because a Buddy from Alaska had mentioned this forum about snowcats, but I can't help but get the feeling that this place is a little too overboard for my line of thinking on how people jump to conclusions.
We do have a dedicated snowcat area here.

As for people jumping to conclusions, you seem to be the one who jumps the most.

mak2

Yep run him off quick, might be one of them librulls that dont think just like you. Cant have that.

Way to go. Tell me again why all the libs left, not got ran off.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mak, I just wrote the truth. If it hurts then so be it.

mak2

Ok Bob, aint my site.

You can disagree without being obnoxious, you (mods) understand that when I disagree with some conservative. He is a new guy that might be slightly liberal. So you or one of the mod staff, or the gang of 6 or 7, are rude and run him off. Every time.

I suppose when the libs leave they just realize how much smarter you guys are and are intimidated right. One of you guys told me that one.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez, Bob. Lighten up, will ya? Randy quoted AV8r, not you, about the "name a conflict in the world that doesn't involve muslims" thing.

And mak, that liberal martyr schtick you fall back on time and again is getting boring. Can't ya come up with something new?

As for the suicide note:

'You should first know that the impure cannot touch me without gloves, only the chaste or those who lost their chastity after marriage and were not involved in adultery can touch me without gloves, or, in other words, no fornicator or adulterer can have direct contact with me.

'Those who prepare my burial should take off all my clothes, wash me, dry me and wrap me totally naked in a white sheet that is in this building, in a bag that I left in the first room on the first floor, after they have wrapped me in this sheet they can put me in my coffin.

'If possible, I want to be buried next to the grave where my mom sleeps. I need to be visited at my grave by a faithful follower of God at least once, he must pray in front of my grave and ask God's forgiveness for what I did praying that upon his return Jesus wakes me from the sleep of death for eternal life.'

'I left a house in Sepetiba which no family needs, there are poor institutions, financed by generous people, that take care of abandoned animals, I want this space where I passed my final months donated to one of these institutions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...CCTV-sprinting-away-killer.html#ixzz1J2VVWS47

Doesn't read like an islamo facist written note (to me, anyway).

mak2

Geez, Bob. Lighten up, will ya? Randy quoted AV8r, not you, about the "name a conflict in the world that doesn't involve muslims" thing.

And mak, that liberal martyr schtick you fall back on time and again is getting boring. Can't ya come up with something new?

As for the suicide note:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...CCTV-sprinting-away-killer.html#ixzz1J2VVWS47

Whatever, it is not a fallback, it is a fact and this is another obvious example. Why is me saying it boring, yet you guys doing it is......ok?

mak2

What was it you said, something "bullshit" to the last guy that posted some slightly not conservative stuff? I dont care, I like the place just the way it is. I am just pointing out the obvious. And yes, you are one of "you guys." hehe.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
What was it you said, something "bullshit" to the last guy that posted some slightly not conservative stuff? I dont care, I like the place just the way it is. I am just pointing out the obvious. And yes, you are one of "you guys." hehe.

Heaven forbid someone disagree with a liberal view. You sure are sensitive. Nevermind the fact that I've posted quite a bit in defense of liberal mindsets, but you just ignore that because it doesn't fit your broad brushed crucifixion of Democrats mantra.

mak2

What the hell are you talking about? I was not talking about Bob disagreeing, I pointed out he was rude to him, and could disagree in a more hospitalable manner. That is, of course, unless you just want them to go away because they might someday present a point that might cause you to think. I dont care, it is just so obvious you have to pretend it is me. Whatever, like I said, its your site.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
What the hell are you talking about? I was not talking about Bob disagreeing, I pointed out he was rude to him, and could disagree in a more hospitalable manner. That is, of course, unless you just want them to go away because they might someday present a point that might cause you to think. I dont care, it is just so obvious you have to pretend it is me. Whatever, like I said, its your site.

Did I not tell Bob to lighten up? Did I not point out that Randy was not putting words in Bob's mouth? Did I not post the suicide note in question (which apparently debunks the OP entirely)?

And as far as disagreeing in a more hospitable manner, does that mean you're going to drop condescension and name calling from your repertoire?

As far as FF goes, I'm a member just like you. The only difference is Doc asked me to moderate, too.

mak2

Did I not tell Bob to lighten up? Did I not point out that Randy was not putting words in Bob's mouth? Did I not post the suicide note in question (which apparently debunks the OP entirely)?

And as far as disagreeing in a more hospitable manner, does that mean you're going to drop condescension and name calling from your repertoire?

As far as FF goes, I'm a member just like you. The only difference is Doc asked me to moderate, too.

This is enough about this, even if every word you say above is true it does not change the fact you guys run off every one that is liberal. It is not because I disagree with your point, just never mind, that guy had made 4 posts and he figured it out. THis is just another example. I am not belaboring the point. Lets move on.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Give it a rest Mak. No one ran off anyone. If Randy does not like to be challenged the same way he challenged the original poster so be it. No one tries to run people off but obviously not everyone wants the FF style of call it as you see it. Everyone's opinion is allowed. Think for yourself and decide whatever you want to believe. If you care to share your thoughts on your beliefs expect to be challenged to some respect, or to be agreed with.

Randy Scheffer

As for the suicide note:

You hit the nail on the head on more than one account (particularly about not reading like an islamo facist written note).

If Randy does not like to be challenged the same way he challenged the original poster so be it.

A question was asked by the person "Thinking point: Name a conflict anywhere in the world that does not involve islamo-maggots who can not get along with either themselves or their neighbors" and I answered it. I believe the answers I gave were correct, do you not agree?

I'm guessing you guys kick people out of your little playpen if someone doesn't hold a certain party line?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
You hit the nail on the head on more than one account (particularly about not reading like an islamo facist written note).

A question was asked by the person "Thinking point: Name a conflict anywhere in the world that does not involve islamo-maggots who can not get along with either themselves or their neighbors" and I answered it. I believe the answers I gave were correct, do you not agree?

I thought that was clear, albeit inferentially. Yes. I agree.

I'm guessing you guys kick people out of your little playpen if someone doesn't hold a certain party line?

What makes you say that?

mak2

:w00t2: Bet they dont understand it when you say it either.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I agree with your answer to that question. There are obviously other conflicts. You were absolutely correct.

I differ on your observation of FF. We could care less what party you belong to. We have a little bit of all parties however as mak points out over and over, more on here lean to the right (including mak for some things). The amount of tilt is the variable. We have never kicked anyone out for their beliefs.

Welcome to FF Randy. I hope you will stay and become a long time member. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.

mak2

ONe more time, it is not the disagreement with my politics, it is the obvious rudeness to anyone who is slightly liberal. I have not been kicked out, I am very thick skinned and kinda enjoy discussing (arguing) stuff. But few are like me, the rudness makes them leave. So lets be nice to the new guy. Thank you, I am going back to my chores.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forums, Randy.
Most of us really do like diversity on this forum for the sake of learning and discussing.
At least I always have.
The only time it ever gets rude is when someone purposely digs and become really personal, or start threads with an ulterior motive to seek their own 'win'.

I think you'll like it here.
Stay. :D

Randy Scheffer

I thought that was clear, albeit inferentially. Yes. I agree.
Apologies, I was only agreeing with you. For the sake of loosing my sanity, I couldn't see how someone could link that suicide note to some Islamic radical terrorist group.

What makes you say that?
Honestly, having a moderator on a forum with over 20,000 posts respond with the "garbage" comment. I can see where the gloves can come off pretty quickly here. I'm also scratching my head on where I put words in other peoples mouths as well as some other comments, but it's best that I just let it go.

I agree with your answer to that question. There are obviously other conflicts. You were absolutely correct.
Thank you, and that's one reason why I never saw myself as "challenging" the comment made. If someone says the earth is flat and you disagree, are you "challenging" the comment? There is a point where common sense gets thrown out the window.

The only time it ever gets rude is when someone purposely digs and become really personal, or start threads with an ulterior motive to seek their own 'win'.
There comes a point when where people say the earth is flat, you can't win by pointing out where they are wrong. I can see that already per this thread.

For the sake of being civil, I think it best that I just lurk looking as I have in the past when looking for something in particular on information on snow cats.

Edit for clarification

it does not change the fact you guys run off every one that is liberal
I started off as an 11B and worked my way up from there. I don't think I've ever voted democrat in my life. I consider myself self sufficient, had the government pay for my college due to my service, make decent money, actually go to church and still enjoy shooting all my guns. PLEASE don't associate my disagreement in this thread that I'm a liberal. I see it seems you served, do you consider yourself a liberal?:mrgreen:

Last edited: