• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Janitor Holds The Officer's Gun During The Arrest

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:smile:

NEW YORK, NY. (WPIX) - A police officer handed off his service revolver to a janitor during an arrest Friday on Manhattan's East Side. Police say the officer needed a free hand to handcuff a suspect after a wild car chase.

Cops spent an hour trying to track down a hit-and-run driver who allegedly struck a taxi, then a jogger and a van before fleeing on foot. Police say that's when the suspect slipped into the basement of the building at 414 E. 52nd St., and tried to disguise himself using a janitor's jumpsuit belonging to 51-year-old Placido Conteras; he spotted him, and called police.

The responding officer was trying to cuff the suspect with his gun drawn, and passed his weapon off to Conteras, who said he held the gun just for a minute.

The NYPD has applauded the officer for "adapting."
http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-nycjanitor-cop,0,2859376.story

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surprised the officer didn't arrest the Janitor for gun possession (right after he gave the officer his gun back).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder if any disciplinary action will be taken against the officer?

First thing that I thought too. But then I got to the last sentence of the story. Looks like quite the opposite. They congratulated him.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
That also makes me wonder. I guess what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.