• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is your favorite fish recipe?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Get a real hankerin for fish this time of year till some time in early spring. I don't know why.....Anyway I have tried many ways to prepare it from poaching it in a zipp lock freezer bag ran through the dishwasher with the dishes with lemon, dill, garlic, and butter. (Walleye it was good!) Also broiling,(favored) grilling, and frying both deep and shallow. Just looking for some thing new.

So if you love fish, what kind and how do you prepare it?:wink::biggrin:

Don't forget that this thread includes shrimp, crab, lobster, and clams as well.:whistling: And your favorite ways to prepare these favorites of mine as well.............

Best regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I lost my favorite fish recipe.

It was for pan seared salmon with asparagas and noodles. The salmon was seared in oil with a sugar glaze. It was quick to make but tricky because of the sugar. The salmon was divided into cut parts of a filet. The asparagas was sauted in the pan after the asparagas and it was tossed with rotini noodles.

I wish I could find that recipe.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Raw oyster - shuck it, cut it from the shell, drench it in Worchester!

Shrimp scampi - Fresh shrimp, split the shell and de-vein. Broil in butter, lemon, and lots of garlic. Make sure to have french bread for dippin

Stuffed flounder - Stuffin made of crab meat and some bread crumbs seasond with Lawrys/Tony's/Ole Bay. Broil in lemon, butter and garlic.

Crab (blue or any Alaskan) - Boiled in crab boil and salt. Butter for dippin

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is a recipe that I tried tonight and it was great. Recommend for all.
I have made this many times using other than cornflake crumps from butter crackers, Special K Cerial.

2 egg whites, beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dillweed (I didn't have any just went without)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup cornflake crumbs (I substituted Butter Crackers)
2 pounds fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets such as cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen
Nonstick cooking spray

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a shallow dish, combine the egg whites, lemon juice, dillweed, salt, and pepper. Place the cornflake crumbs in another shallow dish.
  3. Dip the fish in the egg mixture then the crumbs, coating evenly; place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray the fish with nonstick cooking spray.
  4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

It was top notch, make sure you spray the pan and the top of the fish with the cooling spray.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Salmon Japanese style

Salmon fillets. Score meat lightly with knife.

For each one mix one T Worstershire and one T tamari or soy sauce.

Marinate meat side a few minutes.

Sautee slowly in peanut or macademia nut oil without disturbing 'till meat side is well browned. Flip over until done.