• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trucks - Just an inventory

Which kind of truck do you have?

• GM/Chevy

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Ford

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Dodge

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not to start the Chevy/Ford/Dodge thing but I just wanted to get a poll of which mfgr of truck people have.

If you have more than one or a fleet or whatever, vote for which you would keep if you had to narrow it down to one.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing but GM in this garage, been with them for over 30 years. BUT, I ain't liking the new looks!

DAP

There are over 10 truck makers with product in the united states? Why GM/Ford/Dodge/Other?

Not trying to start a brand war you say?

:yum::yum::yum:

:pat:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DAP said:
There are over 10 truck makers with product in the united states? Why GM/Ford/Dodge/Other?

Not trying to start a brand war you say?

:yum::yum::yum:

:pat:

Probably because this is America and they're most popular/top sellers here. I will say I like the new Honda Ridgeline but I just don't think I would go with a six cyclinder in a truck. The Toyota has the 8 but I don't like the looks.

BTW..... I probably would buy both on a confidence level. Any others? I would have reservation.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Ford F250 4X4 Super Duty, V10 Gas hog to pull the toys around as needed. Would have a diesel if I had an electric tree to plug into at my wintertime parking area. About 60,000 miles and has only been in the shop for repairs one time. Does not have the creature comforts of the GM, but seems to be bullet proof for my usage. Rides like a truck, bump, bump, and rattles like a truck unless loaded with equipment or trailer.:yum:

Viking

Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
Probably because this is America and they're most popular/top sellers here. I will say I like the new Honda Ridgeline but I just don't think I would go with a six cyclinder in a truck. The Toyota has the 8 but I don't like the looks.

BTW..... I probably would buy both on a confidence level. Any others? I would have reservation.

C'mon Dog...the Ridgeline "ain't no truck" it's a Honda Odyssey minivan with a bed cut out (it really is). I laugh :yum: when I see that Honda commercial that talks about the Pilot, Ridgeline and CRV as "trucks".:rolf2:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey I ain't no Honda fan but it was voted "Motor Trends's 2006 TRUCK of the year"

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
2006 Ford 4x4 crew cab F250 super duty diesel King Ranch . According to one post it should be blowing up any day now !!:pat: God I need a drink !:drink:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
2001 F150 5.4L V8 4X4 extended cab/6' box
2006 F250 SD 6.0L PSTD 4X4 extended cab/8' box
:a1:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
2005 Dodge Power Wagon. I bought this over Ford since it comes from the factory with selectable lockers front and back 12,000 lbs warn winch up front, front sway bar electric disconnect, 2" lift, Bilstien shocks, 4.56 gears,33" tires, teflon pads between the rear leafs for smooth and easy flex. Will score a 700 on the RTI ramp STOCK! It is an incredable machine off and on the road. The only modifications I have done is to add 35" tires (super swammper TRXUS tires).

Viking

Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
Hey I ain't no Honda fan but it was voted "Motor Trends's 2006 TRUCK of the year"

I know, and it made me sick. :puke1:

I canceled my subscription to Motor Trend. The Ridgeline definately "ain't no truck". I think Motor Trend writers and editors are mostly Civic/Accord driving, Oxford shirt and khaki pants wearing weenies and making the Ridgeline/Odyssey Truck of the Year made them feel a bit more manly. Finally they can go to Home Depot and not have to cram 2 bags of Scotts Turf Builder, a couple of landscape timbers and a Japanese Maple in their Civic.:D

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Viking said:
I know, and it made me sick. :puke1:

I canceled my subscription to Motor Trend. The Ridgeline definately "ain't no truck". I think Motor Trend writers and editors are mostly Civic/Accord driving, Oxford shirt and khaki pants wearing weenies and making the Ridgeline/Odyssey Truck of the Year made them feel a bit more manly. Finally they can go to Home Depot and not have to cram 2 bags of Scotts Turf Builder, a couple of landscape timbers and a Japanese Maple in their Civic.:D

Great observation.............. :thumb:

How bout if they made the rear seat fold to allow it for added bed cargo? :yum: :yum:

Trakternut

Some states, for licensing purposes, will catagorize a vehicle as a "truck" if it's specifically designed for cargo. This means the box/bed. They're rated as passenger vehicles if they're designed primarily for passenger transport. The name "truck" has nothing to do with the platform that the vehicle is built on. The El Caminos were classed as trucks too, while Blazers and Suburbans were passenger vehicles. I know I'd rather haul a trailer with a 'Burban than an El Camino.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I have 2, a '02 F250 5.4L 4+4 with a Fisher Plow and an '03 2500HD 6.0L 4+4, I've had no problems with either one but when I'm pulling the trailer or going on a trip I always take the Chevy. It pulls better & positively rides better. I sold a 13 yr old Dodge 318 1/2 ton when I bought the Ford. It was a great truck and served me well for many years. I've come to believe that it doesn't much matter what logo is on the grille if you have a good one you're golden, if you have a lemon you're pretty much screwed

Last edited:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
I've got 1 1/2 trucks. The whole truck is my celebrated '01 F250, Super Dude. 7.3 Litre, {444}, 4times4, 4R100 Auto, SuperCab, 8' box, 3.73 gears. Best hauler I've owned, 112K almost trouble free, just the usual things went out. Not really any big deal.
The 1/2 truck, is Jan's little '04 Ranger Edge. 4.0 Litre, 5 speed manuel trans. SuperCab, flareside bed. I like it too. 23mpg, and I think it looks good.
Ofcourse both are red.:tiphat::beer::beer: