• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Excavator shopping

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc - what search tools did you use to find it? Craigslist, Machinery Trader,???
Google on firefox browser and duckduckgo.com on chrome browser. Those got me to machinery trader, machinerypete, tractorhouse and more. Craigslist did not come up in the searches but I searched it separately. With Craigslist I found a CAT 302.5 local with 2300 hours on it for 18,500. I was considering that unit but dealer support was lacking. With Kubota I have 3 dealers within 45 minutes of me. It gives me a warm fuzzy to have that dealer support.

All that aside, I found this unit on Facebook Marketplace. I was searching Saturday night and the unit had just been posted that day. I messaged them about looking at it on Sunday and things moved forward from there. Timing is everything.

jwstewar

:yum: Hopefully no bodies.

I got what appeared to be a good deal on it. The fellow that owned it needed to sell now. It was a rental unit most of it's life. The guy I bought it from was the 2nd owner and had it for less than a year. He priced it for a quick sale, and I got lucky and called first. He had other calls but would not show it since he knew I was driving 4 hours to look at it last Sunday. I paid $24,500 for it.

Yep, I plan to do all that. No service records. I called my local Kubota dealer and gave them the serial number to ensure it was not on the stolen list and to see if they could tell me what service had been performed on it. It was not on the stolen list but he could not see what service (if any) had been done by any Kubota dealer.

The previous owner had tons of heavy duty equipment, so I suspect he took good care of it but I cannot be sure. This is smaller than the KX121-3 that Messicks had for $1000 less. That unit was 40hp, had over 4k hours and was 10 years older. I will rent if the occasion comes up where I need a really big excavator but I'm guessing this KX033-4 will be perfect for 99% of the work I want to accomplish.

Since the BX033-4 is a 2017 with what I consider low hours I should be able to recover most of my investment if the time comes that I need to sell it.

Thank you, good info for my future shopping experience.