• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We've Lost a Friend

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm very sorry to have to report that my friend Bob Gragg, known on FF as Cowboy, passed away two weeks ago from
heart failure. He will be sorely missed.

image.php

Even though he was a Hell-raiser on this planet, I'm sure he's gone to a place where his barns will be fireproof and there
will be nothing to threaten his eyesight. Rest in Peace, my friend!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
OMG, I was just thinking of him the other day. How did you find this out?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear of his passing.

He will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Jim

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
OMG, I was just thinking of him the other day. How did you find this out?

When I hadn't heard from him for awhile - we had an email correspondence going - I tried to contact him and info'd
his lovely wife Kay. She let me know what had happened.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
When I hadn't heard from him for awhile - we had an email correspondence going - I tried to contact him and info'd
his lovely wife Kay. She let me know what had happened.

I too exchanged emails from time-to-time. I'm shocked to hear of his passing. Boy, we just never know... How is his wife holding up?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I always liked Cowboy -- not a mean bone in his body. RIP, Bob.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Living proof you hadn't better judge the book by the cover. Even though his picture is pretty much what I had expected, his wisdom and intellect were I am sure missed by those who chose to just look at the the exterior..... I know other men I can say the same about. Damn glad I do...

He brought so much to the general information of this place. If it were news or even if it were not in the news yet Cowboy had a way of bringing it here for us to discuss. He was better than API at times:wink:...He had his some times unique but always soild point of view as well.........

So sad to hear of his passing.:sad: I hope the eternal God in heaven has a special place in the heavens for this one....:flowers:

Rest in peace my friend.

Best regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I was also thinking about him a few weeks ago. RIP, Cowboy. Hope your Hi-point carbines find a good home.

Attachments

• 40tsLG.gif
    40tsLG.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 189

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk said it all very well. Someone had just asked me about him the other day. May he rest in peace.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Time marches on ..... Fortunately we were lucky enough to have known him. I will miss the PMs we exchanges in the past . One heck of a guy !

Keep that campfire burnin Cowboy , we will see you soon . RIP buddy.:sad:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm speechless and mad ........... The Lord got a great guy when Cowboy walked through the gates!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I wondered what became of him when he quit posting here. A great man and we'll all miss him!!
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hellfire!!!!!

In my conversations with Cowboy you always got the impression that, no matter what life threw his way, he would struggle through, survive and overcome.

I hope that his wife will be OK. Those of you who are in touch with her please send my heartfelt condolances.

The world has too few characters. We can't afford to lose one of his stature. He will be sadly missed.

RIP.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I'm going out on a limb here, as I don't have Kay's permission to do this. She is devastated and is also worried about finances. She has said that she might lose Bob's beautiful homestead if her business does not do well this fall season.

If any of you need homemade candles or soap you might give her website a look: kandscandlesandmore.webstarts.com. She is a proud woman and wouldn't ask for charity, but I believe friends should help friends, if possible.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, I am shocked and so so sorry to hear this news. I was thinking of Cowboy just this week as I spent the week in Kansas City and was in both Kansas and Missouri for the first time ever. Bob was such a great guy and the heart and soul of FF for a long long time. He popped in one day out of the blue and made this place his home. I loved the way he got his point across in a non confrontational kind of way. Such a good guy. Wise beyond his years, and so willing to share with all. Cowboy you will be missed, but never forgotten. Rest in Peace my friend.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I'm going out on a limb here, as I don't have Kay's permission to do this. She is devastated and is also worried about finances. She has said that she might lose Bob's beautiful homestead if her business does not do well this fall season.

If any of you need homemade candles or soap you might give her website a look: kandscandlesandmore.webstarts.com. She is a proud woman and wouldn't ask for charity, but I believe friends should help friends, if possible.

I guess that I'm giving candles for Christmas this year. Thanks DS. :clap:

jwstewar

I missed this first time around. I hate to hear this. I was just thinking about him the other day as the last I had heard he was having computer issues and some minor health issues. I guess they weren't so minor.
He seemed like a real good guy. Quite interesting with a very varied background. Lots of wisdom under that old hat.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I am very saddened to hear of his passing. While I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, I considered him a friend here on the forum. He will be missed by many here, not the least of which by me.