• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need a prime mover for your big toys?

marchplumber

Site Supporter
They are a VERY impressive machine! I couldn't afford to feed her, let alone pay the insurance and licensing fees! LOL Not your normal "grocery getter", that's for sure.

God bless,
Tony

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to wonder how much money it cost the Government to buy, and what it sold for. Divided by the 1,300 miles and I bet those miles cost in the several hundreds per mile!! Not to mention the fuel!

340,000lb payload. Most houses would be under this.... what a Hoss!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I stumbled across this here in Iowa looking at farm equiptment. If only I had a use for it!! I am sure Uncle Sam paid dearly for these!!...

http://www.steffentruck.com/trucks/ste1370.htm

What a Brute!! And with an automatic trans so the ladies can drive it too!

regards, Kirk
we have an older model that just showed up here I would love to have that one. the 1070 is a great rig when equipped with its trailer. the trailer has a ton of tires that all steer with the truck so it can maneuver in tight places. it takes a little getting used to I got to drive one once it was equipped with 575 hp 92 series ddac controlled engine and could accelerate incredibly fast even with an up armored cab the guys inn the field have a great survivability rate because the cab is so high and you have so much power train between the crew and the ground. to kill one with an ied you have to specially set one up and aim it for the hett.

Kane

Amazing what the Industrial War Complex can specify and buy with unlimited funding by the gracious Amerikan Taxpayers. War toys are kool, all paid for by you and me.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing it wasn't a cheap rig. I never looked at the FEDLOG. price on it but the hmmwv's were a pretty good deal for the tax payer back in the late 80's early 90's fedlog showed the price of the cargo version to be 18 k and the gun trucks to be 25 k the dealer ships were selling the civilian models wit commercial 12 volt electrical systems for 40 to 60 k with no other changes other than cushy leather seats and dah pads to meet crash standards of the time