• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We lost Oliver this afternoon

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oliver was a 14 year old Pom-Maltese rescue. He was owned by my sister-in-law who lives in my guest house but spent most days here with me and the other dogs. Been sick for a while, just a nice sweet little friend.

I post mostly about Walter & Mitty because those are my dogs, but Oliver was typically here from morning until after dinner.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a part of the family.

Jim

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Our animals are many times the best friends we will ever have in this world. My condolences.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I feel for ya, Bob!! Tho he wasn't your's you probably still had developed an attachment to him. Last Jan.,at Linda's insistence, we rescued a 2 month old feral kitten. He was soaking wet and crawling thru the snow in the street, and as cats will do, guess who he's bonded with? Yeah, the guy who doesn't care for cats, but we're buddies now and we have a lot of fun with him. Starting out life feral he does have some strange behavior at times, nothing really wild, it's like he's bipolar, LOL. We think he was badly abused as the first vertebra of his tail was torn loose from his spine and just hung limp. Our vet removed the tail but cautioned us if he cut the spinal cord wrong it would cripple his hips and we told him if that came to pass to put him down. The vet also nutted him. Obviously it was a success. Linda named him Tom Tom but I call him spook because he's always on high alert and ready to run. I also call him squeak because with my hearing aids out I can barely him. Anyway we've given him a good home and he repays us with his funny antics.

Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh sorry to hear that. :( My condolences Bob.

Bamby

If only we could find in ourselves to find the love and compassion in each other as we find in our pets this old world would be a far lovelier place....
Sorry for your loss, you'll miss him...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QkAlYn7uQ"]Pirates of the Mississippi - Feed Jake - YouTube[/ame]