• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Colorado Snowcat Jamboree !!!!

Aaron Tucker

I'm thinking about have this years Colorado Snowcat Jamboree March 16-18th:whistling: whats everyone think ? I'm thinking 2 days at Vail again and 1 day at Montezuma but I'm open for suggestions . Also thinking about a local get together for us coloradans in January .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mid March is to late and to close to farming time here.

Had to pass last year for the same reason. Late Feb would be doable.

Regards, Kirk

Aaron Tucker

Maybe you can make the local get together :brows:? Ive been talking about these dates with others like the Nottinghams , princess and they seem to work the best .

luvthemvws

March 16-18 works for me, though the weekend before or after would work better.
Are there any additional Snowcat-centric activities in the works for this 2nd event?
I would really love to participate in more & varied activities with my Kristi!
Any reindeer games that might let each brand/size/style flex their muscles?
You know, like something featuring 4-track large machines, something catering to 2-track machines, maybe another for mattrack vehicles...?
Are there any nearby businesses, training centers, or maybe even the Park Service or Rangers that might want to participate in some fashion?

Aaron Tucker

March 16-18 works for me, though the weekend before or after would work better.
Are there any additional Snowcat-centric activities in the works for this 2nd event?
I would really love to participate in more & varied activities with my Kristi!
Any reindeer games that might let each brand/size/style flex their muscles?
You know, like something featuring 4-track large machines, something catering to 2-track machines, maybe another for mattrack vehicles...?
Are there any nearby businesses, training centers, or maybe even the Park Service or Rangers that might want to participate in some fashion?

Yea Yes Yes ! this year we are going to have hill climbs at Vail and Montezuma :w00t2:

It looks like The Tucker factory will be reveling a new restored vintage snocat at the Jamboree. We will also have the New snowcat company Litetrax there with one of there biggest cats.The princesses will be bringing her cab forward tucker .

The 2nd annual Colorado Snowcat Jamboree is going to big this year !
Be there or be square !

Aaron Tucker

Well we revived some snow on the front range for a nice Halloween present . Pics from the top of Pikes peak at 14,110FT and the base 6,412ft . base pic wont upload

Attachments

• summitcam.jpg
    summitcam.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 718

Aaron Tucker

here is a pic from east of Colorado springs looking at pikes peak .

Attachments

• IMG_20171031_100000672.jpg
    IMG_20171031_100000672.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 709

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys put any January dates together? Might be out that way and happy to sno cat hitchhike a ride....

You do meet the nicest people in a Tucker.

Aaron Tucker

You guys put any January dates together? Might be out that way and happy to sno cat hitchhike a ride....

You do meet the nicest people in a Tucker.

Well lets start the brain storm for January.
I'm thinking about the 12th-14th of Jan ?

your always welcome in my cat .

Red130

Well lets start the brain storm for January.
I'm thinking about the 12th-14th of Jan ?

your always welcome in my cat .

I'm interested but can't commit to any dates in January. If it is a stormy I'll likely be either skiing or grooming nordic trails. But it is a dry spell, I could probably trailer up there.

Red130

Any other PistenBully's coming to the Colorado Jamboree? My cat is pretty much ready for winter, now working on a winch mount for trailering.

EDIT: Photo is not from this season, we're hurting for snow here.

20151227_091509 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Aaron Tucker

well I don't know of any other PBs right now .But there will be atleat 2 other hydostatic cats there . mostly Troopers .

KT3survivor

should be able to attend one or the other. im working on a weekend schedule now but I'm sure I can get one off. looking at some new tires for the Kristi this season and I probably better have the exhaust rebuilt. a few little details to iron out and ill be ready for Montezuma bowl :snow2_smi

Aaron Tucker

should be able to attend one or the other. im working on a weekend schedule now but I'm sure I can get one off. looking at some new tires for the Kristi this season and I probably better have the exhaust rebuilt. a few little details to iron out and ill be ready for Montezuma bowl :snow2_smi

ooooohh yah lets see that Kristi Climb :letseat:

KT3survivor

ooooohh yah lets see that Kristi Climb :letseat:

you bet!

it has always bothered me that a snotrac person wrote the Kristi history and brochures post on this forum. using sentences like "Kristi claimed the kt3 could climb a 100% grade" and "they appear to have no collector value"

Im very much aware of how steep my machine will gain ground. guess I'll have to attend the montezuma hillclimb to prove my point.

Aaron Tucker

Here is a clip Mrs.Tucker put together of our new years trip . She is still learning how to edit but I think It came out pretty good for her first time .

https://youtu.be/LT2CDIN5s4Y

The Colorado snow pack is behind schedule but we are expected to get more snow this weekend and next week .Planing another outing Jan 13-16 if anyone is interested in attending .

I'm working on getting some tee shirts and stickers made for this years jamboree . Ill let you know when I come up with some designs..... always open for suggestions tho everyone loved J's design last year and the Thiokol crew even came thorough with there own .

stay posted

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working on getting some tee shirts and stickers made for this years jamboree . Ill let you know when I come up with some designs..... always open for suggestions tho everyone loved J's design last year and the Thiokol crew even came thorough with there own .

stay posted

Here's a suggestion from a non snow machine owner. How about a large snowflake on the shirt with half a dozen small snow cats climbing all over it.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Aaron Tucker you asked about the tube frame freighters. You can identify the tube frame cats by the one inch solid bars above the pontoons. the bars are provided to limit the travel of the pontoon in order to prevent grouser contact with the body. There is a plate bolted to inside of the pontoon which hits the bar. There are no springs or fifth wheels on these cats.

Attachments

• DSCN2233.jpg
    DSCN2233.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN2238.jpg
    DSCN2238.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN2239.jpg
    DSCN2239.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 437

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Keep me posted please I’ll look at my schedule and see what works. Where are the closet unloading areas to where you all go?

Aaron Tucker

Keep me posted please I’ll look at my schedule and see what works. Where are the closet unloading areas to where you all go?

We go to Vail pass . So you can just take I70 to (exit 190 Vail pass) .Or you can turn off at Minturn on I70 and head towards Red cliff then park at Camp Hale.If you come the Camp hale way we would meet you at the saddle of Ptarmigan Mountain . :thumbup:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Aaron..been unable to log on for the last couple of days or I would have gotten to you earlier. Found out I have another commitment Saturday so I won’t be up your way this time. I still want to get up there so keep me in mind if you don’t mind.