• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 rebuild

sask

I was wondering if any body could tell which parts from a 1970 SW48 would fit onto a 60 inch wide light tub J5 , ie axles ,tires , planetary drive?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The axles would be longer but mostly all the same.

Hope you can reinforce the light body. Both the ones I've known had leaky diffs and Too much flex.

sask

thanks for the reply Pixie , it has a well built three man cab welded to the perimeter
angle back to the engine cowling it looks straight ,the planetary drive ring and pinion look good ,it was used to inspect powerlines never used as skidder
all looks good, belting are one piece no splice ,and no rust, but of course the wheels are tilting a bit i was hoping bearings on the walking beam ,and the front swingarm ,hoping not the spindles bent,have to take her apart and check.
i was wondering if the sw48 spindle assemblys would work . the sw48 has 2 inch spindles i think?and it also needs new tires not sure which way to go pneumatic or filled .

older sales flyer says 1 1/2" spindles on J5. could have changed. hope this of use to you. pneumatic better! tube tires should be @ 90psi

Attachments

• img073.jpg
    img073.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 206
  • img074.jpg
    img074.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 203

sask

thanks for the info Jan, i like the price tag in 1964 pretty expensive for back then ,that converts to about $32.000.00 in todays dollar,

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI, we just quoted a 2016 J5 with mechanical drive diesel automatic two man open cab with stainless steel fire fighting water tanks 95,000 U.S.