• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

calcium in bombi rad

snowcatt

Hi
Any one got a good idea that works to get calcium out of a radiator ? most of the cores are more than half pluged
I tried vinegar left it in there for 3 weeks nothing . The rad shop said with out pulling the tanks off there's nothing that works I don't believe them something has to work maybe some type of acid

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I do believe the shop been in the business for 30 years.I have used muriatic acid, but unlike your plumbing your cores are paper thin.too much and you will be back to the shop for a new core.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Base problem is with the totally plugged passages. Unless you physically get to them, any chemical won't be able to do much. The fluid will just stagnate, and it will take a long time to dissolve the deposits. By the time you have circulated the fluid long enough to open them up (may never happen) you will have destroyed the more open ones, or at least set yourself up for a failure soon.

My opinion.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
your correct,I had one "boiled out"and was told it was paper thin when I got it back.
it held for a couple years.