• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ultrasonic Cleaner for Carburetors?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for feedback on ultrasonic cleaners and solutions to clean mostly carburetors.

Seems like a good solution for small passages etc.

Hot distilled and simple green seems to be the consensus online.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one with a heating element I believe it was for dental equipment I use #1 ulsd it works great

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for feedback on ultrasonic cleaners and solutions to clean mostly carburetors.

Seems like a good solution for small passages etc.

Hot distilled and simple green seems to be the consensus online.

I have used one for several years tried a variety of cleaners I think the one I have Found that works good and is environmently good is straight lemon juice right Out of the bottle the one I use is heated but I like to keep it below about 120-130 degrees if that does not get it all then on to the small blast cabinet with
Soda if I want to get some of the parts real shinny then they spend the night
In the vibrating drum with ground corn cob media

on carb rebuilds some days I'll just do carbs 4-6 total one day maybe 200-300
And counting but with today's fuels it's best to get good at it.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Used some simple green and hot water last night. Harbor freight unit. Worked real well. Glad to add this to my shop.

Thanks