• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hemmings Motor News: Antique Snow Cats

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Out of the June issue of: Hemmings Classic Car:
antique snow cats.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Antique Snow Cats

Last page: The Article basically tells about the Model T Ford Club of America's Snowmobile chapter in Lake George, NY. Their club boasts some 175 members and has their own Web site: www.modeltfordsnowmobile.com
antique snow cats4.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Antique Snow Cats

Last page: The Article basically tells about the Model T Ford Club of America's Snowmobile chapter in Lake George, NY. Their club boasts some 175 members and has their own Web site: www.modeltfordsnowmobile.com
Lyndon, great find on the article! There have been some small bits and pieces posted about these older units but nothing as informative as this. I sent an email to the club to invite them to come here, they did not seem to have a discussion forum link anywhere on their website. I'm sure they would be welcomed here with open arms if they wanted to discuss their restoration projects, look for advice, trade parts, etc. Heck if there are enough of them they could even have a dedicated sub-forum and we'd have to expand the Snowcat area (again :thumb: )

Here is an image from their website, they have some pretty amazing machines represented over there, obviously from the earliest days of snowcat development!

clublogo2.jpg

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I dont know about you guys but I find these Model T "snowmobiles" fascinating! We have had sveral modelt Ts in our family and have always loved them (except the mechanical brake system). One day i wish to build or buy one of these "Snowmobiles"! Thank you Lyndon.