• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gas lines?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Took off early to get some gas containers filled up. Before I came home, stopped off the local exit to get gas for the car. Man, you should of seen the lines. I ended up going to the third station down the road that had the least amount of cars. and I still had a 10 minute wait (and at that time of the day, the pumps are usually empty).

Well, get home, get some containers to go to the local "rural" gas station down the road and holy cow!! I swear, you couldn't even pull into the parking lot.

What's going on with gas?

Shortage due to the weather down south?

Anyone else notice gas lines?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
They shut down 4 major refineries in Texas but I havent noticed any lines. Come to think of it I have no gas in the Vic. I better get some when I go out to get quarters so I can do my laundry!

Cityboy

Banned
Speculation that the refineries in Houston that refines 25% of our motor fuel could be damaged by Ike.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
iReport on CNN, some people are being asked to limit their purchases as of 24 hrs ago.
Hmmm, no- I hadn't noticed any gas lines yesterday, haven't been out today as yet.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Speculation that the refineries in Houston that refines 25% of our motor fuel could be damaged by Ike.

That's what I was thinking, but hasn't that area had some real bad weather before? Just don't ever remember weather outside of my area affecting what the locals do (such as gas and bread lines).

So now I may end up paying $2 a gallon more to fill up those containers tomorrow:confused2:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
There's lines in Saint Joseph! And BP Whiting is only 50 or so miles away. They are all nuts.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We took delivery yesterday of the winter gas supply of 450 gallons in the 500 gallon tank at our mountain home. I now wonder if they will charge me yesterdays price or tomorrows higher price? The bulk price on gas has dropped about 50 to 60 cents a gallon the past three weeks, maybe for once I got the deal or will it be the shaft???????????:mrgreen:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
No problems here but on the news tonight they said that it will increase by 15 cents because of Ike

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't notice any lines when I was out today, but the prices were all over the place. 3.49, 3.79, 3.99. All within 3 miles of each other.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The price of gas jumped $0.37 at our local stations in 5 hours today. That's bullshit. Not one of them recieved a delivery in that time so how can the price of the gas in their tanks have gone up. These local filling stations are ripping people off, not the oil companies.

By the way, one of our local stations has run out of gas. I'm told they increased the price 4 times during the day to try to "conserve" their dwindling stocks .... bullshit!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard there are only 2 states that have anti-gouging laws, but can't recall which two they are.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Prices up here are rising also. This morning, the price was $1.38 per liter and is supposed to go up by about 14 cents by the morning.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Prices went up to $4.16 from $3.93 in Chicago. Just nuts. I found one at $3.99 and Put in 10 gallons

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got gas in Richmond ,Indiana last night. It was 3.99 in town and i paid 3.52 with cash a half mile down the road just outside of town.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Well, got up at 7 this morning to head to the local gas station up the road in the local town. Figure I'd rather pay a little more than having to drive an additional 15 miles.

No lines, but what do you know, they only have premium gas. My mower does not like premium gas, so I need to make a longer drive.

Pick up FIL and head down the highway to "gas station" alley at the most popular exit towards Winston. First station, they are limiting you to 10 gallons. Well, I've got 5-5 gallon containers. Fill up 10 gallons there, being honest, so I go to the next station down the road.

They're completely out of gas.

Go to the next station down the road.

They're completely out of gas to.

Ok, made this long drive, I was honest, now I'm hitting the original station I got the 10 gallons at and filled up two more cans and headed home.

Got to the drive the in laws down to Charlotte today because they're heading back to Vermont. I know Texas is being hit hard and I've got nothing to complain about, but man, I can't help but wonder whats going to happen with gas going into next week.

Mike Easley, the govenor of N.C has implimented some price laws on gas yesterday. Some gas stations in Winston Salem yesterday were charging over $5 a gallon for gas.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mike Easley, the govenor of N.C has implimented some price laws on gas yesterday. Some gas stations in Winston Salem yesterday were charging over $5 a gallon for gas.

Searching around on the net this morning I saw a headline that in Florida gas was already at $6.00 a gallon in places.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I've got 5-5 gallon containers.

What cha gonna do with all those 5 gallon containers of gas DZ?

My son heard a news report saying of gas selling for 14 dollars a gallon at one place in Houston yesterday

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My son heard a news report saying of gas selling for 14 dollars a gallon at one place in Houston yesterday

Texas has anti-gouging laws. Supposedly you can report it to the AG's office and they will investigate. Don't know if anything ever happens though.

dzalphakilo

Banned
What cha gonna do with all those 5 gallon containers of gas DZ?

One thing for certain, no brush fires!:D

Heck, just starting to get the Blue Cross Blue Shield medical bills in. All are paid in full (which I know for certain won't always be the case) so far, but I can't make heads or tails as to what I'm being billed for :confused2:

That's going to be another thread:whistling:

Funny, the local station that only had premium this morning now has regular (I decided to bite the bullet and pay for premium to make sure I had a full tank for the drive to Charlotte and back). Only $3.75 a gallon for regular, which I'm certain is going to change.

You know, what's from stopping the gas stations from saying they don't have gas to sit on their inventory to see what gas prices will be this Monday? Could make a good couple bucks doing that with existing inventory, because you know for certain prices will be substantially higher by Monday due to the weather in Texas.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last evening, the price at my most frequented gas station was $3.58.
Checking online for the station this morning, it's gone up to $3.72.

urednecku

Site Supporter
I heard there are only 2 states that have anti-gouging laws, but can't recall which two they are.

Texas has anti-gouging laws. Supposedly you can report it to the AG's office and they will investigate. Don't know if anything ever happens though.

Florida also has an anti-gouging law. It's gone up LOTS here, too. I couldn't find it on way home last night, & heard Racetrak was out.
I'm gonna look for the anti-gouge ph #....