• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Portable Units

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
At work, we are looking to put approx. 130 portable units in the "field". These will have to be able to survive use in the vehicles, job sites and homes. So far we've tested some Panasonic laptops and Fujitsu laptops and tablets. The indoor/outdoor rated units are not too good in the sunlight. Some not even able to be used on a cloudy day, due to the screen being washed out. Anyone have experience using these in the field?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I beat my Dell pretty good. Have been happy with it. When I needed help the service was excellent. However, I have also just recently purchased some Dell desk tops and am not happy with the service I have gotten from them. Also my Dell is not good outdoors or around any sunlight.

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Unfortunately Dell would not send out a demo unit for us to try out.

And we have 180 or so Dell desktops in service right now. Their loss.